Woooohooo We're Number 1!!!

What goes into that number? Per capita DUIs?

Obviously you didn't go to my college.

Obviously, but I've been to WI and the bars. About the only thing different is Old Style draft is cheap at the bars. Had a few WI buds in the service. And most importantly, been a Packer fan since the early 60s! So there! ;)

Obviously, but I've been to WI and the bars. About the only thing different is Old Style draft is cheap at the bars. Had a few WI buds in the service. And most importantly, been a Packer fan since the early 60s! So there! ;)

Most colleges are party schools, I agree. I went to one of them boring engineering colleges. Because I'm a boring engineer.

Not sure. I've never been to BYU so I really don't know, but I was guessing it didn't have a lot of partying.

C'mon kids late teens/early 20s? You really think that? Maybe not on campus or whatever town it's in, but there are other towns plus all those mountains out there for partying.

You can imagine the administrators cringing every time a list like that comes out. I remember my alma mater making Playboy's list way back in the day. I looked around and wondered just where all those parties were taking place. Or maybe, once again, I just wasn't invited to the cool kids' party.

Looking through the list were several colleges I either applied to or considered. I could definitely see some of them making the list.

What goes into that number? Per capita DUIs?

It comes from student surveys. The criteria is: low personal study hours, high drug and alcohol use, high popularity of fart's/sororities. Yeah, I saw it. I wouldn't have dreamed of correcting that spellcheck. Lol

My Alma Mater wasn't a party school. Demerits, Saturday inspections and classes kinda interfered with that. :(

When my daughter was contemplating going to Florida State, we read in an article down there that "47% of students are upset of FSU's image as a party school." 47%, not even half.

My Alma Mater wasn't a party school. Demerits, Saturday inspections and classes kinda interfered with that. :(
Sounds like mine, along with Saturday parades. We tended to make up for it on weekends we had a pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Before I clicked on this thread, I thought the title was referring to POA being #1 :ihih:

You absolutely don't party at College Of the Ozarks. You not even allowed to leave campus until your a Junior without a parents note or a very good reason. You're also to busy working on campus to pay for your schooling.

However your college is 100% free!! When they had an Aviation program it to was 100% free!! But it shut down about 10 years ago. I would have gladly put up with the schools rules to have it for free!

Problem #1 is you're getting your "facts" from huff post ;)

You absolutely don't party at College Of the Ozarks. You not even allowed to leave campus until your a Junior without a parents note or a very good reason. You're also to busy working on campus to pay for your schooling.

However your college is 100% free!! When they had an Aviation program it to was 100% free!! But it shut down about 10 years ago. I would have gladly put up with the schools rules to have it for free!

Explain this free thing to me?

They don't pay their staff?

Fuel company gives 100LL away to them?

Paper company gives them free degree printing paper?

Explain this free thing to me?

They don't pay their staff?

Fuel company gives 100LL away to them?

Paper company gives them free degree printing paper?

They have an alumni endowment worth almost 500m that covers the needs of the students. Also the students run most of the campus. The only jobs that is not staffed by the students is administration and the professors. The school has been extremely good at keeping their finances and as a result almost all students go to school for free.

The aviation program got shut down in the early 2000s when the school decided to start a nursing program, I believe.

Back