Woodruff,SC Triple Tree Fly-ins

traynhr

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
traynhr
Well, the incredible Triple Tree Aerodrome is hosting TWO upcoming fly-ins. The first is a single day, taildragger and fabric event on June 1. All airplane types are welcome but the taildraggers and fabric airplanes will be the stars! Preregistration is required at www.tripletreeaerodrome.com. Lunch will be served.

Next is the huge Triple Tree Fly-In, Sept. 4-8. Come for a day or stay and camp for the entire event. There will be hundreds of aircraft in attendance.

Triple Tree has a perfectly maintained, bermuda grass 7,000 x 400 ft. runway, unlimited camping, fishing lakes, beautiful bathhouse facilities with granite countertops and many, many more amenities. It is the home of "Fun, Fellowship and Hospitality." If you have friends into RC modeling, just ask them about Triple Tree. We just had 10,000 model enthusiast and guests here for the world's largest model airplane event. They will tell you it is the finest aviation facility anywhere. Now it's the full scale pilots turn to have some fun!

The airport identifier is SC00 and there will be fuel available at the Sept. event.

Check out www.tripletreeaerodrome.com for more info. Please join us.

I should be moving into my new house on June 1st, and I wouldn't want to steal the show in a Bonanza :). But pencil me in for the Sept date. Bump this thread when the time grows closer... so i'll remember :)

N35, I own a Deb myself. I'm gonna be proud to have it at both fly-ins! Don't worry, we'll be here to remind you. I promise, you'll be amazed at Triple Tree. It's the only aviation facility in the world that was conceived, designed and constructed for the mission of "Igniting and Expanding the Passion for Aviation." It's will be like no other fly-in you've ever attended!

My wife and I drove down there a few weeks ago from Greenville, SC. What a beautiful facility. It was empty except for a handful of RCers in the RC area. Amazing! Rolling hills as far as the eye can see. The spacious camping facility with RV hookups? impressed me, nestled in and right next to the woods with a massive cooking grill/eating area and is that an outside bar? perfectly placed to see all the landings. There was even a Maule practicing in the lake.

I have flown over to Triple Tree before to see the place, but have not been able to make one of the flyins. It's just a short hop for me and I have it on the calendar.

Come on guys! We're excited about having you come. Please, tell all your friends too.

Come on and bring your friends. There has NEVER been anyone come to Triple Tree once!!!!!

I'll have to tell my dad to dust off the T-Craft and fly down from Honea Path. We were talking about Triple Tree when he was out visiting last month.

Haven't been myself but I know some of my airport friends have been to the september fly-in and apparently had a great time.

Looks like a great event just down the road for us! My husband and I can't wait!

10X cheaper and 10X more peaceful, fun and friendly than Oshkosh.

Anybody there? Going? I'll be arriving in the AM only staying for the day. Bringing a coworker whose never seen a single engine piston up close.

I will be attending and showing off a 2007 Liberty XL2 that is for sale.

I plan to arrive Saturday and stay the night. I'm bringing along a buddy who has never flown or seen a plane up close before.

I plan to arrive Saturday and stay the night. I'm bringing along a buddy who has never flown or seen a plane up close before.

I'll be in this.

photo53.JPG

Say hi. My buddy is stoked. Figured this would be a good event for him to gawk and BS about planes. We should be in the pattern around 9am

Come on over. Having a great time with the family. Plenty of various planes to look at. Great weather.

Wayne,
Haven't seen many posts from you. Glad you and the family are having some fun on a flying trip. J and I did 6Y9 last weekend and had a blast. Send lots of pictures!!!

Group from the Cessna board I frequent is there, wish I could head down for the day

Well, I flew down this morning, it was somewhere between idiotic and extremely dangerous trying to get in there. I was monitoring approach, people were asking approach for the arrival procedures, people cutting people off in the pattern, "Go around! Go Around!" sounded like a few planes occupying the runway all at once. ATC said he had more than 20 targets around the airport. Controller guy gave up and said "Just find someone and follow them" Too many idiots out there coming in from all directions and all altitudes for me. The arrival procedure was dead simple for anyone who bothered to read them, I didn't hear many on the radio who did. Sounded like an accident waiting to happen. I went D-> back to Savannah. Flyin' is supposed to be fun, that was chaotic, oh well, maybe next year I can get there before the shenanigans start, sounded like a fun time. I made it from Wally World to Enoree before I decided that this wasn't a game I was going to play.

Well, I flew down this morning, it was somewhere between idiotic and extremely dangerous trying to get in there. I was monitoring approach, people were asking approach for the arrival procedures, people cutting people off in the pattern, "Go around! Go Around!" sounded like a few planes occupying the runway all at once. ATC said he had more than 20 targets around the airport. Controller guy gave up and said "Just find someone and follow them" Too many idiots out there coming in from all directions and all altitudes for me. The arrival procedure was dead simple for anyone who bothered to read them, I didn't hear many on the radio who did. Sounded like an accident waiting to happen. I went D-> back to Savannah. Flyin' is supposed to be fun, that was chaotic, oh well, maybe next year I can get there before the shenanigans start, sounded like a fun time. I made it from Wally World to Enoree before I decided that this wasn't a game I was going to play.

I was afraid of that. I saw a LOT of people on various message boards who were planning on arriving this morning. That's one of the reasons I decided to take a pass on TT today.

Two of our EAA members flew in this morning somewhere around 11'ish.

I was afraid of that. I saw a LOT of people on various message boards who were planning on arriving this morning. That's one of the reasons I decided to take a pass on TT today.

Approach control seemed to be concerned, whoever the tower guy on CTAF was, seemed overwhelmed. It was chaotic. I apologized to my passenger who was really stoked to go, but it just wasn't a scene I wanted involved in, I was writing the NTSB in my head as I was hearing it. Too many clueless folks out there flying around. Should have been #1 for landing at 7AM. but we got there around 9:30AM.

Wayne (RV10Flyer) asked me to post these for him, enjoy the pictures I wish I was there. Who's good looking RV-10 is that????

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpeg
    Photo 1.jpeg
    519.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo 2.jpeg
    Photo 2.jpeg
    469.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo 3.jpeg
    Photo 3.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Photo 4.jpeg
    Photo 4.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 25
We went Friday and Saturday and had a blast! It was one of the best fly-ins I've ever attended (and we have attended a lot). Mr. Pat treated us like guests and steak night should not be missed!

We didn't have any issues on arrival or departure. Our controller both times was great. I understand she is a recent retiree from Greer.

We would have stayed an extra night, but we just returned from Blakesburg and are a little airplane weary.

It was the most beautiful airport I've ever seen.

Deb

We have one like that in TX each fall. I won't go either.

We had a great time and no problems getting in Thur at 7:10 PM. We have had a great time. We'll take our time packing Sun AM and enjoy the same departing. Like any fly-in, 9-11 AM is a bad time. I saw 10 planes lined up at one time this morning from the East.

I don't understand why your school doesn't replace one of those XL's with LSA. I know of many pilots in that area that have to drive 60 to 90 minutes one way to fly LSA .

I don't understand why your school doesn't replace one of those XL's with LSA. I know of many pilots in that area that have to drive 60 to 90 minutes one way to fly LSA .

Good suggestion. I'll pass this along to them.

I flew in later in the day in hopes of missing the crowd but it was still pretty hectic. I was glad to have one of my best buds with me, he has never flown in a single before, but he's a sharp guy and helped to pick out traffic, which were all over.

Beautiful place, great people, good fishing, we had a great time.

Sorry I missed that pretty V-Tail, I'm sure I'll see you around.

Last edited:
A fellow pilot just returned back from TT and said he had an awesome time! I hope to attend next year if the dates work out. Thanks for the Pireps! For those unfamiliar with TT, here ya go:

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/

Back