Wondering if I will beat the lockdown

Same here. I guess I'm going back to being a long-hair, but at least I'll have plenty of company in that.
We are all going to look like the Geico cave man

We are all going to look like the Geico cave man
Ever wonder what you look like bald? Now's the perfect opportunity. If you don't like it, nobody you know has to see it.

Dealers will almost always say that a certain part is a single unit, even though it is made up of several parts. It is just that the dealers just don't sell the parts separate. I had a radiator hose leaking from an o-ring in hose for my Silverado. Dealer told me the o-ring is all part of the hose assembly, and the assembly is $345. I went to an o-ring supplier and bought the o-ring for $2. If you look up sonic ac compressor on ebay, you will see that clutch and bearing parts are sold for your compressor. But back to your original problem. I don't know exactly what year your Sonic is, but go to autozone or any of the big suppliers online websites. View attachment 83833
When you look up your Sonic's year and engine, you will see that they have belts for with AC, or without AC. The image I posted is for a Sonic 1.4 L engine. The AC compressor is on the right side. On this diagram, you would not even have to remove the AC compressor. All you have to do is install the "without AC" belt. It is a 5 minute job.

Thanks. Sounds like the garage should be able to do this fairly cheaply then.

Update: both the garage and the dealership confirmed that there is no way to bypass the compressor... no belt listed in the catalog that is compatible with my engine, and no way to fit a substitute belt that would be long-term stable. I have a call in to a local towing outfit and an appointment at the dealership for 1300 today. It's gonna be expensive, but hopefully I'll have my wheels back before the state shuts down completely.

DUI and divorce lawyer stimulus plan for this fall. :)

Denver made sure to keep the pot shops open too. LOL.
I saw today on NECN that the recreational pot shops in MA are being ordered closed. (Medical marijuana dispensaries are allowed to stay open.)

The other reason for liquor sales, is how many would wind up in hospitals for DTs if liquor stores closed?

My driver's license expires April 1st. It's commercial, so not only do I have to figure out how to get a new one during the time of closures and social distancing, I have to go to the doctor for a fresh DOT physical.

I just googled. The license office is closed until after my CDL expires, so I guess I needn't worry about it.
The feds have issued a waiver for CDL renewals and DOT medical renwals. You've got until June 30th now.
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/emergency/fmcsa-cdl-waiver-32420

car repairs are essential so they are not included in the lockdown

car repairs are essential so they are not included in the lockdown
That's true here (lockdown starts statewide in 8 minutes). But most places will not allow customers inside now. You have to drop your car off and pick it up when they're done.

I got lucky yesterday: I was able to wait inside the dealership.

The other reason for liquor sales, is how many would wind up in hospitals for DTs if liquor stores closed?
Here they are state stores. Sales are up 59% (duh) so the state stands to make a lot of money by keeping them open.

Back