Wonderfull weather in the Midwest this Weekend, Lunch?

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
It looks like it is going to be a great weekend and Saurday looks the nicest. Any takers for a lunch flight on Saturday? Anwhere Il, Mi, IN, MN, IA, etc. would be fine with me.

hmm im likely going to be doing a glider cross country out of ames (KAMW) so anywhere downwind from there within a couple hundred miles will be fine, as long as you are sticking around in the afternoon :)

We're helping out at a Girl Scout Aviation Badge Day at KARR this Saturday, or I'd say YES!

I'd like to do my first post annual flight Sunday. I'll stay tuned.

smigaldi said:
It looks like it is going to be a great weekend and Saurday looks the nicest. Any takers for a lunch flight on Saturday? Anwhere Il, Mi, IN, MN, IA, etc. would be fine with me.

Hmmm... If I'm in town (List that as "probable") I'd love to fly somewhere. Preferably in WI so I can get started on the Airport Challenge.

PDC? JVL? Any other suggestions?

smigaldi said:
PDC, LNR, OSH, MWC all sound fine to me

Heh... I used to work at MWC, and I never did eat at El Greco. I assume that's where you were thinking of going?

I've really been hankering for some Oakland Gyros but the only location they have near an airport is near MKE and I'm not gonna spend $44 in fees to $ignature to eat there. :mad:

flyingcheesehead said:
Heh... I used to work at MWC, and I never did eat at El Greco. I assume that's where you were thinking of going?

I've really been hankering for some Oakland Gyros but the only location they have near an airport is near MKE and I'm not gonna spend $44 in fees to $ignature to eat there. :mad:

El Greco was the place but I am keen to go anywhere. I have not been to PDC in a couple of years. You wanna meet there?

I am having my wheel pants put on, and the tundra fork removed on Saturday. Whether that ends up being Saturday morning or not - that I don't know. And I think I have a dinner to go to as well, so I don't know if I'll make it.

smigaldi said:
PDC, LNR, OSH, MWC all sound fine to me

Something towards the western end of WI or NW IA would work well for me.

If you all want to go a little further, there is a fly-in here at UUV on Saturday from 11AM-3PM. Fuel price here is $2.90 and $2.85 at UBX. I have to work at 2PM so I will be leaving the airport around 1PM.

lancefisher said:
Something towards the western end of WI or NW IA would work well for me.

I'm thinking PDC is the winner. Anyone been there before? Also, we're talking Saturday, right?

smigaldi said:
Saturday is what I had in mind
I was thinking Sunday. The weather is supposed to be perfect Sunday.

I've been to PDC, but not landing there. The Angus restaurant - supper club is walking distance across the street.

I drove out after landing at Boscobel, which is great place itself.

Last edited:
mikea said:
I was thinking Sunday. The weather is suppsoed to be perfect Sunday.

I've been to PDC, but not landing there. The Angus restaurant - supper club is walking distance across the street.

I drove out after landing at Boscobel, which is great place itself.
Not so sure about the Sunday weather. The current forecast is that the SAturday night rains will move out in the morning. I'll wager it won't happen.

I need to fly to KC on Monday and that is looking pretty bad too, Sunday does not look much better. If I cannot make it there by Monday afternoon I won't go.

I think our best chance is Saturday, noon at PDC.

I'll pass on Saturday. I have too much to do with it the first flight post-maintenance and the long drive to da airport.

Last edited:
mikea said:
I was thinking Sunday. The weather is supposed to be perfect Sunday.

I can't get a plane on Sunday. :( N8483F is undergoing some very expensive engine work, the other Archer is on a trip and it looks like somebody else had a Sunday $100 burger in mind for the 182.

Looking at wx, it looks like things will actually be clearing up tonight overnight and should be nice for Saturday.

Saturday, Noon, PDC, Angus restaurant? I'll be there in N271G.

flyingcheesehead said:
I can't get a plane on Sunday. :( N8483F is undergoing some very expensive engine work, the other Archer is on a trip and it looks like somebody else had a Sunday $100 burger in mind for the 182.

Looking at wx, it looks like things will actually be clearing up tonight overnight and should be nice for Saturday.

Saturday, Noon, PDC, Angus restaurant? I'll be there in N271G.

I should be able to make it.

lancefisher said:
I should be able to make it.

Looks lke Sunday is my only option. Wife's working today and I'm supposed to hang around for the kid. It also looks like it's raining in eastern WI today FWIW but the wx looks good here today and tomorrow.

Kent if you are still up for lets meet at JVL instead. Closer to the both of us and less likely to get trapped with afternoon thundershowers. 11:30 sound good?

We have my wife's girlfriend visiting and I'm tied up today, but we already have the plane booked for Sunday morning for the champagne brunch at Lakelawn (Delevan).:dunno:

bstratt said:
We have my wife's girlfriend visiting and I'm tied up today, but we already have the plane booked for Sunday morning for the champagne brunch at Lakelawn (Delevan).:dunno:

Now yer talkin' but that ain't far enough. I'll putter around in the air afterwards to get the engine thoroughly warmed up.

Last edited:
smigaldi said:
Kent if you are still up for lets meet at JVL instead. Closer to the both of us and less likely to get trapped with afternoon thundershowers. 11:30 sound good?

Just spoke with Scott on the phone. T-storms moving into Madison by 1, and I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 AM. :eek:

However, I can now get a plane at 11:30 AM. What say we make it Sunday, 12:30 at PDC instead? Mike, Lance, Ed, can y'all make that too?

edit: Mike, how didja know the forecast was gonna change like that? :dunno: I'm calling you for my weather briefings from now on. :rofl:

Last edited:
flyingcheesehead said:
Just spoke with Scott on the phone. T-storms moving into Madison by 1, and I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 AM. :eek:

However, I can now get a plane at 11:30 AM. What say we make it Sunday, 12:30 at PDC instead? Mike, Lance, Ed, can y'all make that too?

edit: Mike, how didja know the forecast was gonna change like that? :dunno: I'm calling you for my weather briefings from now on. :rofl:

I can do that.

flyingcheesehead said:

It's only a matter of believing the 5 day forecasts of the TV weather guys. :rolleyes:

The Weather Channel forecast podcast for Chicago says there'll be isolated T-Storms Sunday, too. I hope "isolated" means we can keep away and wait 'em out.

mikea said:
It's only a matter of believing the 5 day forecasts of the TV weather guys. :rolleyes:

The Weather Channel forecast podcast for Chicago says there'll be isolated T-Storms Sunday, too. I hope "isolated" means we can keep away and wait 'em out.
Poohey. Right prop's in the shop. Hard to fly on just the left. :(

bbchien said:

OOoh Oooh, Oooh, my turn now...you need a...

Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney. :rofl:

I don't think I'll be making it. Have a game at 6 tomorrow, and a lifeline flight on monday morning. Hate to have something go wrong, and leave a whole bunch of people hanging. Plus PDC is 2+ hours for me.

N2212R said:
OOoh Oooh, Oooh, my turn now...you need a...

Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney, Mooney. :rofl:
Funny how you should mention that. I was just talking to the mech on base about the 10 year sitting on the apron M20E turbo rajay that might have a salvage value of 5K......hmmmn.

I would. But I'm not checked out in anything up here yet and don't really feel like driving 2 hours to get a plane.

jangell said:
I would. But I'm not checked out in anything up here yet and don't really feel like driving 2 hours to get a plane.

If you're up in the twin cities now, maybe you can hitch a ride with Lance? Or did you mean that it takes you 2 hours to get to KFCM in the traffic? :rofl:

I was hoping to join you guys on Sunday but the WX in KC will be bad on Monday and I need to be there for a meeting. It looks doable tomorrow so I am off to the land of Kansas City for a few days. You have now!

bbchien said:

At SimCom one of the silly things they had me do was a single engine takeoff, which amazingly actually worked. Of course it took about two or three miles to get off the ground so you might have to start from Edwards AFB.

jangell said:

Hey Jesse, I'm either flying myself in the Baron or going with the guy who started the company I work for in his Cirus. You are welcome to ride along either way. I'll know what the plan is by 10 AM tomorrow. His plane is at Crystal and of course mine is at FCM. Both are a bit closer than Rochester eh?

lancefisher said:
Hey Jesse, I'm either flying myself in the Baron or going with the guy who started the company I work for in his Cirus. You are welcome to ride along either way. I'll know what the plan is by 10 AM tomorrow. His plane is at Crystal and of course mine is at FCM. Both are a bit closer than Rochester eh?

Cool. Sounds good. Just give my cell a call

507-202-2795

Western WI is just a bit too far out of budget range atm, so the wife and I are just going to head to KBAK around 8 for breakfast. Maybe next time. :)

smigaldi said:
I was hoping to join you guys on Sunday but the WX in KC will be bad on Monday and I need to be there for a meeting. It looks doable tomorrow so I am off to the land of Kansas City for a few days. You have now!

You know, you could go to KC via PDC... :D :yes:

Mike, you in?

Bruce, sorry to hear your plane's down. If I could get a plane earlier, I'd swing by and pick you up, though with my slow birds you'd be >1hr away. :dunno: I think you need a spare plane to go with your second hangar! :yes:

Back