Woe is me!

FlySince9

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
So @eman1200 invites me and Cathy for a ride and lunch at Myrtle Beach. Now Cathy has not stopped bugging me that she wants to buy Mooney... what's a guy to do?:dunno:

uh oh, somebody's at home looking at planes online, aren't they...…

what's all this 'mooney' talk anyways?!?

I only see one viable option to your dilemma....

but you have trouble keeping up with it....

You do realize you were beaten to your own fly-in by an RV, right? Not a Van's RV.......a recreational vehicle. Even a T-Craft! That Mooney speed don't help when your sittin at the hizzy.

You do realize you were beaten to your own fly-in by an RV, right? Not a Van's RV.......a recreational vehicle. Even a T-Craft! That Mooney speed don't help when your sittin at the hizzy.

Even the old 172 our borrowed was faster by a whole day! :)

It’s called fashionably late, not slow. Sheesh.

So @eman1200 invites me and Cathy for a ride and lunch at Myrtle Beach. Now Cathy has not stopped bugging me that she wants to buy Mooney... what's a guy to do?:dunno:

Let her buy the Mooney. Ask her if you can fly her plane on occasion. ;)

Last edited:
Maybe eman is looking for a partner?
Discussed, breifly... but he flies too much :blueplane:... I need a partner who pays but doesn't fly :D...Kinda like now... 14 club members and 3 are active... me and 2 others... If the plane was 20 minutes closer and something a little more speedy than a Skyhawk, I wouldn't be looking...

Try talking the club into getting a faster aircraft.

Discussed, breifly... but he flies too much :blueplane:... I need a partner who pays but doesn't fly :D...Kinda like now... 14 club members and 3 are active... me and 2 others... If the plane was 20 minutes closer and something a little more speedy than a Skyhawk, I wouldn't be looking...

Is she a pilot? If no, there's your answer that meets your partner criteria.
She wants to buy the Mooney. You get to fly it. Sounds like the perfect aviation relationship. ;)

:popcorn:, oh boy. I can't wait to see how this plays out...

Probably the age old script...boy meets girl who meets Mooney.
Following the obligatory dramatic histrionics, all live happily every after in a stable ménage à trois. ;)

Last edited:
The short bodied Mooneys are the biggest bang for your buck in GA. They can be had on the cheap and boast inexpensive systems that are easily maintained. Mine does a solid 140 knots on 8.5gph. Find me another aircraft that can do that.

Last edited:
The short bodied Mooneys are the biggest bang for your buck in GA. They can be had on the cheap and boast inexpensive systems that are easily maintained. Mine does a solid 140 knots on 8.5gpm. Find me another aircraft that can do that.

8.5 gals per minute seems like you’d have to make a lot of fuel stops with short legs.

I'm
The short bodied Mooneys are the biggest bang for your buck in GA.

I think I've settled on a '69 or later C or E (won't be carrying any backseaters, normally, except a dog or 2)... My druthers are electric gear and flaps...And I like the idea of the Power console over the push-pull. Old radios seem to be the norm out there, so far. So finding something with some upgrades might be a little challenging. In a perfect world it would be 2020 compliant as well... The search is on...

I'm

I think I've settled on a '69 or later C or E (won't be carrying any backseaters, normally, except a dog or 2)... My druthers are electric gear and flaps...And I like the idea of the Power console over the push-pull. Old radios seem to be the norm out there, so far. So finding something with some upgrades might be a little challenging. In a perfect world it would be 2020 compliant as well... The search is on...
There are no electric flap mooney's. You really can't beat the simplicity of the hydraulic flaps on the mooney. Electric gear is more expensive to maintain, but one of my few gripes about my mooney is the lack of space up front due to the johnson bar.

What is a "power console" or push-pull? No idea what you are talking about here.

Times must be tough when the better half has to push us pilots into doing the right thing and buy an airplane. :D:rolleyes:

I'm

Good luck. You should really consider getting a Johnson bar Mooney. It will likely be cheaper, and there is nothing more dependable than the bar. The Johnson bar Mooney are part of a very, very short list of airplanes that have no gear release backup systems.

Getting one with updated radios will be a challenge, and you might have to pay a premium to get one.

Interesting. Just goes to show how different the same model can be. My service manual for '65 doesn't show an option for electric flap, though it does for gear. As I mentioned the work during annual for electric gear is much more complex. A repair will be as well. While the manual works great and is dead simple to maintain.

They didn't make very many C's or E's after 69. So my excuse is there isn't that many of them. ;)

@Salty, aren't we due an update on your OH project?
I’m close. Got the engine monitor wired and the alternator wiring mostly done this weekend. A few hard days work with my mechanic and it should be ready. He’s been busy on other projects so it’s slowed down the last few weeks.

Back