Witnessed a Columbia runway overshoot KSQL

Did they have the restaurant on the field when you were there?

I just got my license this fall and fly to the cafe often from my home airport CEU. I took my first passenger (my dad) there for a hundred dollar burger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We did till last year when they added pavement.. The arresting material was 3 feet of snow...:yikes:..

True story.... Last summer , after the tower closes at 9 PM, there are a couple of airlines that come in... Next morning, the airport guys doing a runway check for FOD find HUGE skid marks leading past the end,, into the safety runoff area and stop at a point where the nose wheel of the plane had to have had the gear in the dirt....... So they measure the width of the marks and determine it was either the 320 Scare bus or the 757 that came in the night before... They interviewed both crews and BOTH denied doing it...:yikes::rofl::lol:;).... Ya just can't make this stuff up...:nonod:

sooooo - which one can power back?

It HAD to have been the 757 - you can't engage reversers in an A320 without forward movement -[????] paging Greg . . . .

LOL Well that rubber does get slick, especially if it is wet.

I landed at KBUR 08 in the Comanche and was slam dunked so I made the mistake of having to land in the rubber - the rubber gets slippery when it gets hot too - I was slip sliding all over the place - I got off the brakes real fast - and just aero braked it to an exit - when we got to the outer 1/4 of the runway all of sudden I had traction again . . .

At BUR you can hang out at any of the FBO's and watch jets come in, and every time you smell smoked tires. Sometimes the smell gets really bad. I remember when I was jumpseating down on SWA, we got out of the plane and the brakes were smoking profusely.

Back