Wish me luck...Possible solo this weekend!

UPDATE: "STAGE CHECK" Done- Passed/ even went to a different airport when FRG was too busy for T&Gs...Next weekend Solo!

On a lighter side- On the way out to the practice area, I looked out my window and saw a falcon (no, not an F-16) riding a thermal about 40 ft above my aircraft. I could swear I saw him shaking his head and mumbling "Loser!"

Looking forward to proving him wrong -NEXT weekend...lol!:rolleyes:

For the next time....avoid flying under a bird. They usually dive to safety when scared, as that gives them airspeed.

For the next time....avoid flying under a bird. They usually dive to safety when scared, as that gives them airspeed.

The smart ones. Seagulls are stupid. They'll figure out any possible way to get in front of you, even if it means expending more energy. :)

Nice good luck next week you'll love it.. Keep easy on controls may need a somr right rudder on take off to keep it centered not sure what your flying thought..

My favorite part of the solo was thinking to myself that "I have to land this plane". I don't think I had ever been in a situation up until then where my survival was so clearly based on my performance. I remember enjoying that feeling.

My favorite part of the solo was thinking to myself that "I have to land this plane". I don't think I had ever been in a situation up until then where my survival was so clearly based on my performance. I remember enjoying that feeling.

I have accepted the fact that either I will be back on here next week to talk Smack... Or be a smoking hole in the ground...:goofy:

BTW- flying a Piper Cherokee 161.

Good morning All.... Well It happened!!! Even had engine trouble in the run-up area and brought the first plane back for maintenance.:eek:

Eventually I got one that worked- Landings were surprisingly easy!!!! Someone said it earlier that these would be the best ones because I would be so focused. Let me add to this- It was far easier correcting and fine tuning sight picture, airspeed, climbs, etc... using my own prompts, rather than following the instructors prompts. :yes:

Thanks Everyone for the Tips and Encouragement!!!

Good morning All.... Well It happened!!! Even had engine trouble in the run-up area and brought the first plane back for maintenance.:eek:

Eventually I got one that worked- Landings were surprisingly easy!!!! Someone said it earlier that these would be the best ones because I would be so focused. Let me add to this- It was far easier correcting and fine tuning sight picture, airspeed, climbs, etc... using my own prompts, rather than following the instructors prompts. :yes:

Congratulations, Owad. I knew you could do it!

Awesome and congrats!!!

sweet, congrats!!!

I thought I might have solo'd yesterday but it didn't happen. maybe tomorrow morning!

I planned for success...and wore a shirt I expected to never see again..:rofl:

owad.....I only own 1 white tee shirt and I wore it the last two lessons, knowing I'm close to solo. at the end of the last lesson I told my instructor that I was gonna keep wearing the shirt every lesson without washing it until he solo'd me lol. figured if it got stinky enough, I'd be soloing real quick. :) I was supposed to go up this morning but low ceiling and visibility, and the rest of the week looks kinda cr@ppy too. can't wait to get rid of that white shirt!

owad.....I only own 1 white tee shirt and I wore it the last two lessons, knowing I'm close to solo. at the end of the last lesson I told my instructor that I was gonna keep wearing the shirt every lesson without washing it until he solo'd me lol. figured if it got stinky enough, I'd be soloing real quick. :) I was supposed to go up this morning but low ceiling and visibility, and the rest of the week looks kinda cr@ppy too. can't wait to get rid of that white shirt!

:lol: +1 I wished I would have thought of that! Good Luck! I am sure you will nail it!

Back