Wiring diagrams

Jay Urish

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Wolf Pilot
So I have been gathering newer avionics for 44T.. Looking through the install manuals, there is lots that I don't quite understand. My upgraded package consists of a gns430W+gtx330ES+gma347+ 2 G5's and an icom a210 for com2

Minus the a210, I dont think my combo is that unusual. Is there a source of schematics available so I can construct my own harness?

The g5 install manual will have schematics that cover a lot of it. But you’ll probably need manuals for all of them to get everything. Especially the audio panel integrations.

Installation Manuals with detailed data exist for each of the referenced devices, but Garmin does not publish them for public consumption; they are available for Garmin dealers. With effort, many can be found through alternate means, but not always current.

The G5 installation manual is available on the Garmin website. The G3X install manual is also available and has a wealth of information on integrating different avionics that applies regardless of whether or not you're using a G3X.

Nauga,
wired

Is there a source of schematics available so I can construct my own harness?
There are as mentioned. Another option which I used a lot was to have a avionics shop build the harnesses for me. I'd send the racks/connectors to them with wire lengths and layout diagrams. Then once rec'd I'd spec them out and install. Cost was always much cheaper than charging my time. However, if your plan is to make this an IFR install, and you are lacking install documentation with your upgrade equipment, you may want to check with who will be signing off the install as you may need to get official copies of that install docs to complete the sign-off approvals. Then you'll have all the info you seek.

Look into Approach Fast Stack. I used them for my own "DIY" avionics upgrade. Very, very reasonable pricing for what is provided. Saved me a ton on shop labor.

Back