• Vid-000351039-00-00-2007-10-07-17-43.jpg
    Vid-000351039-00-00-2007-10-07-17-43.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Vid-000351039-00-04-2007-10-07-17-41.jpg
    Vid-000351039-00-04-2007-10-07-17-41.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
/me shudders.

And I'm complaining because we dipped into the 30s the other night. Jeez.

winds, ceiling, temps, = 55 today. Celings high. winds are howling, but it is warm.

I had to drag out an insulated windbreaker the other night. Then, I noticed how early it was getting dark. Heck, it seems the Summer just slid on through with hardly a pause.

sunny and 90 here today in Central Indiana.. very weird for this time of year. But it looks like we are getting back to "normal" this coming week with highs in the 60's.

I've had to start wearing gloves and a jacket for the 5am preflight. Nothing as bad as those photos, but certainly nothing I'm ready for! Especially not after spending almost all of last winter in Phoenix...

Woke up to 17 degrees F this morning!

Hmm. Stinks like snow out there.

We've been getting snow above maybe 10,000 or so. Won't be too long 'til everything looks like that, though.

70° in Maine today but high winds predicted, so I figured I'd better get some work done. And the tree which had been lying flat for several years before I bought the house in June? I got tired of looking at it but a Corona pruning saw isn't quite the right tool to quickly shorten the sucker. And the pieces were heavy.

HR

Attachments

• Georgetown Tree Removal.jpg
    Georgetown Tree Removal.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 18
Hmmm 85F here in Chicago today. It was weird flying up and down the coast today. There was a marine layer over Lake Michigan blocking the view. You don't get to see that a lot here as the water temps are usually pretty close to the air temps. But we had a sudden warm spell.

Hot and extremely humid here today. Today was the first day in nearly two weeks we didn't get a deluge. When the sun finally made it out today, it got very sticky in a hurry. Yuck. I'm looking forward to cooler, drier air! :yes:

Hmm. Stinks like snow out there.

We've been getting snow above maybe 10,000 or so. Won't be too long 'til everything looks like that, though.

Think we're going to have a good ski season? I know you're gonna invite me over for a few weeks of skiing in Jan, right? I promise to shower, oh, at least once during my stay. Hey, can I bring my kids, dogs and my cousin too?

90 and humid in Cowtown, we went bote-ing today.

100 degrees 80% humidity in Topolobampo, Mexico last week doing boiler testing - This week, Schroeder, MN temps in the 30's and 40's.

Haven't had to battle snow yet, but can't be long off.

Think we're going to have a good ski season? I know you're gonna invite me over for a few weeks of skiing in Jan, right? I promise to shower, oh, at least once during my stay. Hey, can I bring my kids, dogs and my cousin too?

90 and humid in Cowtown, we went bote-ing today.

Haha, the place I live has about enough room to put a coffee cup in, so I don't how much you'd want to stay here!

I don't know what ski season is going to be like this year - I heard a report a week or so ago that Colorado will be lucky to reach its snowfall average, so we'll see.

It was like 60* this morning... I contemplated wearing a long sleeve shirt, and long pants...

...brrrr....

:D

Yep, the white stuff is here to stay:eek:

Attachments

• 100_0015.jpg
    100_0015.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Winter IS here for sure. This morning when I went out to get the paper in my shorts and T shirt I didn't start sweating until I got almost halfway to the driveway.

Well what the heck did you expect?? YOU LIVE AT THE NORTH POLE, crimeny!'

:D:D:D:D:D
Funny, the caller ID on my call phone comes up as North Pole, Alaska. Seriously :yes:

Bought a new (to me) Subaru Outback not too long ago, just spent near $700 today installing four Blizzak snowtires, and an oil pan, block, and battery heater. Sigh.

Last edited:
Woke up to 17 degrees F this morning!

Bought a new (to me) Subaru Outback not too long ago, just spent near $700 today installing four Blizzak snowtires, and an oil pan, block, and battery heater. Sigh.

Hehehe... I'll forward this to my brother-in-law. He is at Ft. Benning, GA right now followed by a stint at Ft. Leonardwood, MO, then to Ft. Richardson, AK in March. He will love the idea that it's ALREADY cold up there. Could be worse, though -- his first orders had him arriving in AK in November just in time for a LONG COLD winter. Kinda feel sorry for his mouse of a wife and 1 1/2 y/o son. :(

Along these lines, Arapahoe Basin is opening tomorrow. I'm not sure that it's not some kind of prank, but the website says so.

Guess I'm skipping a day of work!

Along these lines, Arapahoe Basin is opening tomorrow. I'm not sure that it's not some kind of prank, but the website says so.

Take an Oxygen tank and mask with you. I know how thin the air is at the top of A Basin! :p

I can confirm they were blowing snow on it yesterday as I drove up to Loveland Pass. :)

Back