WingXPro7 & Restricted Areas

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
I'm planning a flight to S FL that will have a leg from KDAB to KHWO. I plan on staying east of Orlando's Class B, but will pass through R-2935, associated with Cape Canaveral.

Question: Is there a way from within WingXPro7 to determine the vertical limits of a Restricted, Prohibited or Alert Area? With a sectional, one can find that in the margins, but not with the sectionals in the program. Tapping on the Restricted Area doesn't seem to do anything, though that does work with Class B, C & D airspace.

My fallback is my Garmin 430 - on that I can move the cursor to highlight the Restricted Area and get the vertical limits that way. Still, it seems there should be a way to do that in WingXPro7.

Is there?

Booting up WingX to check... brb.

Tap the airspace that you're curious about. on iPad, a pop up appears with the information, including the contact facility (and frequencies), and the altitudes.

on iPhone, same info is shown, but the panel with the info slides over the map. When you press <BACK in the upper left, the chart reappears.

Not working on either my iPad Air2, my Retina Mini or my iPhone 6+.

For either the aforementioned Restricted Area or the Alert Area near Copperhill - A-685.

Does work with A, B & C airspace, exactly as you said.

Might it be a setting?

let me see if I can find that same area and try again.

on my iPhone, I can tap R-2935 and am shown an altitude of 11000 to Unlimited.

a tap on R-2934 showss Surface to unlimited.

Just tried it on my iPhone 6 and it works.

I WASN'T CRAZY!

I just emailed Hilton Software. Within about a minute, they responded:

Please download the latest Airport Database.

Thanks,

Support Team

And that fixed it! Must have been a known bug in one Airport Database. All my databases did show as current, BTW.

Kudos to Hilton Software support!

Back