WingX Pro 7...Tips / ShortCuts / ideas?

You should see a map with or without a GPS signal, internal or external. At least I do. I don't believe you have a good database loaded. Also see if you can select IFR low instead of the VFR sectional, if so then yeah database issue. You may also verify you have a current subscription. This is exactly what happend to me when I let it expire after the free trial period while I tried FF.
Now back to WX with Skradar.
Tim

You should see a map with or without a GPS signal, internal or external. At least I do. I don't believe you have a good database loaded. Also see if you can select IFR low instead of the VFR sectional, if so then yeah database issue. You may also verify you have a current subscription. This is exactly what happend to me when I let it expire after the free trial period while I tried FF.
Now back to WX with Skradar.
Tim

Thanks Tim. I have reloaded the databases twice and it still acts the same. If I turn it on, no map regardless of whether I have any services running or not. I have a couple more weeks left on my trial version. Will wait to see what shows up at Oshkosh before moving forward with one.

Version 7 is out !!

What's New in Version 7.0.0.0

Big New Feature in Version 7
● Wx Overlays that use superb Baron Services imagery - including composite mosaic radar reflectivity and many other weather overlay types, animation, transparency, and option for low-bandwidth networks (e.g. hotel rooms) (not on iPad 1)

Search and Rescue
● Auto lat/lon entry to S&R patterns - use last position of scrolling target to populate initial S&R lat/lon

Two new great Approach Chart features (both require current a Chart Database and geo-ref subscription)
● Approach Chart Trail - see previous flight path (10 minutes)
● Approach Chart Route - see route on IAPs

External Hardware
● Added iLevil AW pitot-static support (display airspeed and pressure altitude versus GPS ground speed and GPS altitude)
● Added XRX/iLevil interoperability
● Updated XRX networking for UDP use with WiFi adapter - allows multiple devices to connect to Zaon XRX

UI improvements
● Significant Favorites improvements
● Easy GPS Calibration - just tap on the altitude at the top of the moving map (iPad only)
● Improved night capability (on some popups)

Fixes
● Size of airplane symbol on zoomed approach chart

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
What's New in Version 7.0.0.0

Big New Feature in Version 7
Wx Overlays that use superb Baron Services imagery - including composite mosaic radar reflectivity and many other weather overlay types, animation, transparency, and option for low-bandwidth networks (e.g. hotel rooms) (not on iPad 1)

Search and Rescue
Auto lat/lon entry to S&R patterns - use last position of scrolling target to populate initial S&R lat/lon

Two new great Approach Chart features (both require current a Chart Database and geo-ref subscription)
Approach Chart Trail - see previous flight path (10 minutes)
Approach Chart Route - see route on IAPs

External Hardware
Added iLevil AW pitot-static support (display airspeed and pressure altitude versus GPS ground speed and GPS altitude)
Added XRX/iLevil interoperability
Updated XRX networking for UDP use with WiFi adapter - allows multiple devices to connect to Zaon XRX

UI improvements
Significant Favorites improvements
Easy GPS Calibration - just tap on the altitude at the top of the moving map (iPad only)
Improved night capability (on some popups)

Fixes
Size of airplane symbol on zoomed approach chart

About time on the weather... Last to the show.

FWIW... for those who like Garmin's VFR/Vector mode, WingX has something very similar, but haven't really promoted it. If you switch the View to "nothing", and then turn on options "airspaces" (and maybe "obstacles"), you get a similar,clutter-free, view. I often run mine with the view as "terrain", and the options as "airspaces" (and maybe "obstacles"), and also get a useful, uncluttered view. Because the data is vector-based, it also works nice, and is readable, in "track-up" mode. You also have the option of turning on Airways, Jetways, and/or Fixes for more vector-based info.

FWIW... for those who like Garmin's VFR/Vector mode, WingX has something very similar, but haven't really promoted it. If you switch the View to "nothing", and then turn on options "airspaces" (and maybe "obstacles"), you get a similar,clutter-free, view. I often run mine with the view as "terrain", and the options as "airspaces" (and maybe "obstacles"), and also get a useful, uncluttered view. Because the data is vector-based, it also works nice, and is readable, in "track-up" mode. You also have the option of turning on Airways, Jetways, and/or Fixes for more vector-based info.

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.

About time on the weather... Last to the show.

Yep.

I've waited for wx overlay on wingx for quite a while now. Unfortunately it was a bit of a let down for me! The radar and satellite views are OK (just) but the other settings (surface analysis, visibility, ets) are a waste of time! Not trying to be overly critical...but I'm not exactly impressed!

That's the view in wingx I use almost all of the time. Uncluttered yet full of customizable info. Not quite like GPs dynamic maps but definitely good stuff! I'm surprised FF has not implemented something like this yet!

Anybody else get lost trying to get the approach plates to pop up? I've done it several times but sitting here at home right now I cannot drill into the charts. I seems to depend on having GPS signal for some reason, not sure on that.
It's also suppose to switch over to the geo ref AP diagram at a pre determined ground speed after you land. I've never been able to do that yet either. I think I have set it up but this is the one area on wingX I agree has a poor interface.
I did find the new OSH Notam, nice touch but I already had it on my reader.
Tim

Back