WingX FREE to CFIs & Military

Gucci Pilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Gucci Pilot
http://hiltonsoftware.com/cfi/

For those CFIs on the board here you go. I emailed them asking about military and if you email them at: military@hiltonsoftware.com from a .mil email(or provide some other proof such as a scanned ID card, etc.) and let them know what personal email account you would like to use for the subscription, you get the same deal as CFIs, which is free-ninety-nine.

A thread like this already exists as well

More posted for the military guys. I sent some emails to Garmin, ForeFlight, and Jeppesen and they don't offer any military or CFI discounts.

Do you guys prefer wingx over foreflight? I have been pretty pleased with foreflight so any feedback/comparison would be awesome. Always up to try something new if it might be better than what I am using. thanks

Do you guys prefer wingx over foreflight? I have been pretty pleased with foreflight so any feedback/comparison would be awesome. Always up to try something new if it might be better than what I am using. thanks

I'm using the 30 day trial of Garmin Pilot right now. Was gonna do the 30 day trial of ForeFlight and WingX as well and see which one I like. I haven't built a Stratux setup yet so I don't use about half the features all the apps provide.

I have yet to have a student use WingX.. I am not sure how they are still in business? All of mine use either Garmin or Foreflight, the Garmin folks either work for them, or have a Nexus Tablet...

I've been using ForeFlight for a couple of years now and really dug in to it when I started my IR training. After seeing this thread I sent my email in at 2120 and had an account created email back by 2150. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to offer and yes, I am a huge fan of FF so it will be hard to drag me away but the price can't be beat.

I tried to use WingX but even free, I just can't ditch FF. I find the ability to add waypoints and drag points along the route much easier in FF.

I prefer WingX and have used it for the last year or so. I only used ForeFlight for a few months so wasn't gung ho about either product. People are generally creatures of habit and will stick with what they know and in this case there are a lot of pilots that pick up using ForeFlight because that's what their CFIs use.

I use it mostly to plan flights and read charts so it does that all fine.

Started with FF then moved to WingX when FF stated they were not going to support ADSB traffic, switched over to WingX and never looked back. FF only started support ADSB traffic after all the other app makers did, even then they locked into a closed system, forcing you to purchase their box.

How about retired...but still on a list somewhere...

How about retired...but still on a list somewhere...
I would think that would work. They said a .mil email or some other "proof". Don't know why they would offer it to active duty and not veterans as well. May email them and ask.

Free is always good! Plus you get the full version and not some demo version. And you don't have to pay extra for synthetic vision.

My subscription just ended a few days ago. Anyone know if this is still going on. I re scanned my cert to get another subscription but haven't heard anything back.

They usually get back to you real quick, they re-upped mine in a matter of hours. I switched from ff a couple of yeas ago and really prefer wing x. I find the interface a lot easier to use.

Bob

Back