For Sale Wings of Hope Spring 2022 Raffle

I’m in!

This is great cause I’ve supported for years. The annual gala (fundraiser) is in person again this year too.

When they sell out within hours, why wouldn't they raise the price?

Besides, demand is going to be way up this year, as it's a low wing.

When they sell out within hours, why wouldn't they raise the price?

Besides, demand is going to be way up this year, as it's a low wing.

greedy, but yeah, they do sell out. I thought they were pricey before, too pricey for me to 'donate' on a regular basis. but as I've said when they raffle off a twin I'll be grabbing some tickets fo sho.

also don't forget:
"The winner pays the withholding tax to Wings of Hope, Inc. at the rate of 25% of the prize value. Missouri state withholding tax is 4% of the value of the prize if in excess of $5,000. The withholding tax must be paid prior to possession of the prize."

they are valuing this archer at over $100k, so a nice chunk of change to plop down right off the bat. if u got that kinda change just sitting around, u should have already bought a plane! this plane is done up pretty nice though. and, like you said, low wing for the win!

Raffle ticket window now open

Server is overwhelmed - keeps timing out

Yep, they tend to have a total meltdown one year, then the next couple year go good as they apply lessons learned. This year is meltdown again.

I managed to get a “buy tickets” page to load and see they’ve only sold 466 tickets.

then when I tried to buy, that page timed out.

Looks like the payment server can't handle it either, 704 tix sold as of about ten minutes ago, it's taken that long to get to the payment cart.

They're handling about 10 tickets per minute.

3 purchased. $25,275 seems like a deal for an airplane like that now days.

Okay, after 1.5 hours, finally got order in. Looks like load is dropping or someone spooled up some more server resources.

Read people...

"Raffle site is experiencing some technical problems, we will relaunch as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, Thank You."

Read people...

"Raffle site is experiencing some technical problems, we will relaunch as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, Thank You."

That message wasn’t there until I refreshed a few times. Then it went away. After my last refresh, it now says, “We Are experiencing technical difficulties, please try back at a later time. THANK YOU!”

"Technical difficulties" is sysadmin talk for "The server has melted under the load is now just a bubbling puddle of plastic and metal".

Five times, I tried. The fifth was my last try. It was successful. But I was beginning to feel like the whole thing was an April fool's joke.

Where did that number come from?

greedy, but yeah, they do sell out. I thought they were pricey before, too pricey for me to 'donate' on a regular basis. but as I've said when they raffle off a twin I'll be grabbing some tickets fo sho.

also don't forget:
"The winner pays the withholding tax to Wings of Hope, Inc. at the rate of 25% of the prize value. Missouri state withholding tax is 4% of the value of the prize if in excess of $5,000. The withholding tax must be paid prior to possession of the prize."

they are valuing this archer at over $100k, so a nice chunk of change to plop down right off the bat. if u got that kinda change just sitting around, u should have already bought a plane! this plane is done up pretty nice though. and, like you said, low wing for the win!

I got it from eman, but I haven't been able to find it officially. And I forgot the 4% for Missouri so it should be $29,275.00. Of course if your fed tax bracket is higher it will end up being more. Still not a bad deal.

Well by tenaciously updating and clicking I finally bought ... 6 tickets. Ooops. I meant to buy 3. But it's for a good cause and I'm one of those rich pilots so...

I just wish we didn't have to wait until June 1 for the drawing....

But I get they want to time things to fit in with their summer gala that happens June 4.

Purchased my tickets.... 3600, 3601, 3602

Sold 3500 by lunch time. They used to sell out in minutes. Priced themselves a bit high, trying for that $500k figure.
I think the web site had as much to do with it as price. Seems like they’ll still sell out today.

Back