Windshield polishing

Just trying to save your time and effort, what you choose to do with the information is of your free will.

I've seen utube vids of guys polishing diesel fuel tanks on trucks with high speed rag wheels and I get your point, but that is a lot of heat.

Our thin aluminum planes can't take that.

I'd be interested to see your method. When I try to polish with strictly a wheel, it leaves too much residue. I use the wheel to buff, not polish.

Isn't it amazing how it always boils down to...

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 55
Wow! But good luck measuring depth of scratches or crazing on window surfaces. Been there.

No, what you can measure is resultant thickness after a repair to see if it is still in conformational status. Conversely, you can also use it to limit the effectiveness of the repair to the legal limit. I'll use it in surveying boat hulls and other NDT, say inspecting composite layups on experimentals for sale.

No, what you can measure is resultant thickness after a repair to see if it is still in conformational status. Conversely, you can also use it to limit the effectiveness of the repair to the legal limit. I'll use it in surveying boat hulls and other NDT, say inspecting composite layups on experimentals for sale.

We liked using the optical mic first to reduce wasting time. You'll need to make lots of different standards

I have a random orbital polisher, would that work? I haven't read the instructions on anything yet. I am not ready to do anything until I have fully researched this.
I don't think it is variable speed, haven't used it for years.

I have a random orbital polisher, would that work? I haven't read the instructions on anything yet. I am not ready to do anything until I have fully researched this.
I don't think it is variable speed, haven't used it for years.

No, well, maybe in a week.:lol:

Back