Will Ebola become a major outbreak here?

Will Ebola become a major outbreak (100+ deaths) in the US in the next 12 months?

• Yes

Votes: 39 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 58 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not all of them, they were purchased by slave owners once they got to America but not necessarily from Africa. And even then there were free blacks that were kidnapped then sold back into slavery. As for the we part I meant americans, we have a pretty ****ty history. I get not everyone on here is from the U.S. or white. So no not we

Well, most of them were losers in tribal wars who were sold to traders on the Ivory Coast. From there the white traders would take them. Where whites directly took most slaves was with the Caribbean Indians.

Yes, people who are devout Muslims and take the basic moral guidelines as absolutes from God. Will they censor things about themselves? Yes, but you don't see a bunch of propaganda in their favor either. What they have no reason to censor is the true face of Radical Islam, they are not their friends. Yes, the second level 'aristocratic' families are involved, but you have to remember, they were first tier Sultans until we went in in the Lawrence of Arabia days. We demoted them and made them subjects of another King, that is why that faction are ****ed off at us. We have created, and still perpetuate, this problem. This is the cost of not advancing into the future and sticking with the past.

ROFLMAO. They're royalty buying a modern propaganda machine to maintain that status and wealth. "... take the basic moral guidelines as absolutes from God", indeed.

Only a male could say that about them. See how most of the planet's females feel about your goofy statement and get back to us.

The new holy rollers have a TV station and set the laws of their nation. Impressive. Should work out well for them.

30% would be Dark Ages level death. 10% would effectively remove our ability to function and restore society to pre-outbreak normality. So if by "outbreak" you mean "set civilization back 80 years", then yes, 30% would be a "major outbreak"

80 years ago would be Pre-Antibiotic age but post inoculation, so the population would have been 2 billion, that is what the population would basically have to fall to for the species to survive under our current economic/resource paradigm. If Ebola only takes 30%, then there's more coming, although it will buy us time.

Well, most of them were losers in tribal wars who were sold to traders on the Ivory Coast. From there the white traders would take them. Where whites directly took most slaves was with the Caribbean Indians.
They realized that kidnapping was dangerous then they started the triangle trade. Then they started buying and everything else

They realized that kidnapping was dangerous then they started the triangle trade. Then they started buying and everything else

Yeah, but eventually they quit, the Africans have not yet ended the slave trade within Africa, still goes on today.:dunno:

Yeah, but eventually they quit, the Africans have not yet ended the slave trade within Africa, still goes on today.:dunno:

:hairraise:....:yikes:....

Does Redtail, Jaybird 180, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton know about this...:dunno:.......:rolleyes:

I don't consider 1000 a major outbreak either. I don't consider it a major outbreak until it hits more than 2% of the population. I don't consider it an effective outbreak until to kills 30% of the population.

Within 12 months?

Alright. A year later. How many POA brothers and sisters did we lose to this deadly virus?

Beoottches, check it yo dat sheeot gots me

(Oh wait a minute, you said Ebola, nevermind.)

We dodged a bullet because with good hygiene ebola has a hard time getting established.

We don't wash the bodies of our dead, and we don't go pee and poop out in a ditch in the middle of the street.

If ebola ever makes the jump to true airborne transmission like the flu, the whole world could be fooked. It has a 90% mortality rate and we have nothing to stop it.

If ebola ever makes the jump to true airborne transmission like the flu, the whole world could be fooked.

On a recent podcast, it was opined that mutations like that are virtually never seen in nature.

Don't know that to be the case, but I recall the source seemed authoritative.

We dodged a bullet because with good hygiene ebola has a hard time getting established.

We don't wash the bodies of our dead, and we don't go pee and poop out in a ditch in the middle of the street.

If ebola ever makes the jump to true airborne transmission like the flu, the whole world could be fooked. It has a 90% mortality rate and we have nothing to stop it.

The Zaire species of Ebola virus is the causative agent of the current epidemic in West Africa, in which the case fatality rate is estimated to be as high as 70 percent.

Reports from the 2014-2015 West African epidemic indicate that with adequate supportive care, the mortality associated with Ebola virus disease may be reduced. In the future, specific antiviral therapy may further diminish the morbidity and mortality of Ebola and Marburg virus diseases, and virus-specific vaccination may be able to protect humans against these conditions.

Fluid and electrolyte replacement can be administered orally or intravenously depending, in part, upon the stage of illness and the clinical presentation. As an example, in resource-limited settings, oral therapy to prevent or correct dehydration may be suitable for patients in the early phase of illness who respond to oral anti-emetic and anti-diarrheal therapy. However, patients in shock, and those who are unable to tolerate or manage self-directed oral replacement therapy, will require intravenous fluids.

Therapy also includes treating symptoms such as pain relief, anti-vomit, anti-diarrhea, anti-epileptic, packed blood cells, and renal failure treatment.

The type of personal protective equipment (PPE) used by healthcare workers should cover all clothing and skin, and completely protect mucous membranes. Such PPE includes double gloves, boot covers, fluid-resistant gowns or coveralls, single-use disposable hoods that cover the head and neck, single-use disposable full face shields, and respirators.

Healthcare workers should perform frequent disinfection of gloved hands using an alcohol-based hand rub, particularly after touching body fluids. In addition, they should immediately disinfect any visibly contaminated PPE using approved disinfectant wipes.

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/treatment-and-prevention-of-ebola-virus-disease

We also don't have the key vector, monkey bush meat.

Not even close. There are already vaccines, and there are some other treatments that could be used to attack the virus. But Ebola going airborne is just silly. Viruses have their own biology, included in that is mode of transmission.

Besides, we already have influenza, which is worse than Ebola since its often fatal and easily transmissible. More people died of the Spanish flu in 1918 than from WWI.

Not even close. There are already vaccines, and there are some other treatments that could be used to attack the virus. But Ebola going airborne is just silly. Viruses have their own biology, included in that is mode of transmission.

Besides, we already have influenza, which is worse than Ebola since its often fatal and easily transmissible. More people died of the Spanish flu in 1918 than from WWI.

How about the adaptability to an insect born virus?:dunno: How many evolutionary changes would that require?

O.k. I overstated the mortality rate ~20%. We can all feel safe now. :rolleyes2:

According to the thousands who died from it, it had a 100% rate.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...70-percent-who-says-dire-new-forecast-n209226

O.k. I overstated the mortality rate ~20%. We can all feel safe now. :rolleyes2:

According to the thousands who died from it, it had a 100% rate.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/eb...70-percent-who-says-dire-new-forecast-n209226

The first wave has the highest mortality rate and is invariably fatal (with or without supportive treatment)... as generations of transmission progress, it becomes more survivable (with treatment). I dont remember where I read that.

I also read this long ago, before we started using experimental drugs and survivor's serum...

...and we don't go pee and poop out in a ditch in the middle of the street.......

Get some tequila in me and this might not be out of the question...

BTW, does tequila cure Ebola? I mean, did anyone think to check?

Get some tequila in me and this might not be out of the question...

BTW, does tequila cure Ebola? I mean, did anyone think to check?

Tequila causes Ebola...at least that's how it feels the morning after...

No.

It's only deadly if you can't treat it, more of a death due lack of economics/medical capabilities

As soon as I saw it was an article from the Christian Science Monitor, I realized the Kool Aid Factor had set in...:rolleyes:

"The disease is close to being completely wiped out."

... until the next outbreak.

As soon as I saw it was an article from the Christian Science Monitor, I realized the Kool Aid Factor had set in...:rolleyes:

Somewhat surprisingly to me many years ago when doing some research on a few things, they're often a pretty reasonable source for some scientific articles.

Way better than any of the traditional news rags usually do.

And nearly never political in their science stuff either, which is a nice break from the two-Parties-to-rule-them-all stupidity that's populist these days.

[edit: You just have to check it's not one of the "whoa, that's whacked" articles. But when it isn't, it's usually pretty good.]

I just find it ironic that a mag which is based on God and religion, will report on a terrible disease that God created and then let innocent human beings suffer by bleeding out through all their orifices.....

It makes no sense to me...:confused::confused:.......:sad:

I just find it ironic that a mag which is based on God and religion, will report on a terrible disease that God created and then let innocent human beings suffer by bleeding out through all their orifices.....

It makes no sense to me...:confused::confused:.......:sad:

All for the bite of an apple.

images

Back