Why wouldn't I be able to access websites I was....

jaybee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
jaybee
previously able to access ?

For example - our Company website still links to the old website for some functions like crew pay, etc, etc. - I was just on the old site a month ago and I haven't changed anything myself (only one that uses the computer....)

this is the error -
This site can’t be reached
emp.psaairlines.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

I considered myself computer savvy at one point in my life but...

I don't know if this is related or not but I cannot access any .mil sites either with CAC reader and I also don't know if this is related but the only thing that has changed on my end is company mandated Password change - which coincidentally won't update even though I've told it to update 20 times

I use Chrome but Edge won't work either (where passwords are not saved automagically...)

Thanks

Last edited:
emp.xxx.com worked fine for me. I understand that crew pay for that stuff is simple dayrate. Maybe accounting could work with you on entry...errr, I mean data entry.

emp.xxx.com worked fine for me. I understand that crew pay for that stuff is simple dayrate. Maybe accounting could work with you on entry...errr, I mean data entry.

Hahaha, I don't know how that got changed lol, I changed it to the correct website....

Hahaha, I don't know how that got changed lol, I changed it to the correct website....
The updated link works too....but is seems a bit boring.

Anyway, maybe a domain name server problem for the network you are currently on. That should update within 24 hours or so. If you're in a hurry you could try one of the public domain name servers.

I just tried to change the DNS but it still doesn't work. Its been about a week since I could get in there.

No IT on weekends unless its IPad flight essential.

I can get on the website just fine on Company Ipad and my phone - so it is just my home computer that is having the issue. Ipad and phone utilizing same internet as computer.

No IT on weekends unless its IPad flight essential.

I can get on the website just fine on Company Ipad and my phone - so it is just my home computer that is having the issue. Ipad and phone utilizing same internet as computer.
Look for a redirect in the WINS file maybe?

I’m guessing you lack TLS V1.2 support. The credit card brands are requiring organizations disable SSL and TLS 1.0 & 1.1 support by June. Lots of people getting that done earlier.

What verision of windows is it? Are all updates installed?

Windows 10 should be fully updated it is set to auto magic update but not sure

I deleted all my saved passwords out of Chrome and am now able to access the old company website...

I cannot access any .mil websites however.

On Chrome - I land on the Air Force Portal - hit the CAC login button and get -
This page isn’t working
www.my.af.mil didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

If I try to go directly to the website on Chrome I get -
This page isn’t working
imr.afms.mil didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

If I try to use Edge then I get this when I hit CAC login on AF Portal and the same message if I try to go directly to the site -
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this

Using Edge and accessing .mil sites on this computer are a brand new thing to me as I just rejoined the service, so it is set to factory settings and I haven't changed anything.

Certificates appeared to be there with the CAC software.

Thanks.

EDIT - In all cases I of course google the errors, reset caches, flushed DNS, etc, etc

Last edited:
The SSL cert on https://www.my.af.mil/ isn't signed by an issuer the browser trusts. I was able to access it on every browser I have (IE, Edge, Firefox, Pale Moon, and Chrome) by instructing the browser to accept the cert.

Rich

Thanks Rich, ImI not sure how to check/do what you said. I just left on a 4 day trip will give it a shot when i get home. Just to make sure we are on same page I can get to the portal i don't get the error until after i do the CAC login. Thanks again

Back