Why, Why, Why...

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
... must the blue skys only come out on days I can't Fly? Yet we have 500ft ceilings and rain on the ONLY day I can fly? :mad2:

500 foot ceilings (and looking to stay that way) and I would fly with my CFII. But I'm working on my IR and not my PP. :D Don't worry, you'll get there.

... must the blue skys only come out on days I can't Fly? Yet we have 500ft ceilings and rain on the ONLY day I can fly? :mad2:

It's called winter :) Same boat for me. I can only fly weekends and my CFI only works Sundays. That really cuts down my chances. Sometimes I work with another CFI at the same school who is available Saturdays just to maximize my flying/training hours as much as I can.

Same thing here in OKC. Have not been able to go up in 3 weekends. Chances are looking good for Saturday morning, but if that does not work I may have to take some time off during the week.

Uh...yeah... well... y'see, there's this guy named Murphy, m'kay? and he has this, like... law thingamajiggie...

Get used to it- this is part of a pilot's life.:mad2:

And for some philosophical perspective: if you were an IFR student looking to rack up some actual, the sun would be shining only when you could fly.

You know it would... :lol:

Uh...yeah... well... y'see, there's this guy named Murphy, m'kay? and he has this, like... law thingamajiggie...

Get used to it- this is part of a pilot's life.:mad2:

And for some philosophical perspective: if you were an IFR student looking to rack up some actual, the sun would be shining only when you could fly.

You know it would... :lol:

I love laws! I have lots of laws! Such as

Chocolate is one of the Four Food Groups!

But you're referring to my most famous law. You should talk to my cousin, O'Brian....he says I'm an optomist.

Well, I'll be glad when all this Winter business goes away. lol

. . . and as I sit here in what is usually snowbound Maine at this time of year, it's windy and raining. Again we have escaped the "East coast gets another storm" Internet headline which notes that New York has been snow-nailed and Vermont has 130,000 households out of power. Crazy winter; no skiing at Lost Valley today.

HR

It's so you can get lots of practice learning the hardest lesson of all... No-go.

It's even the same over here in Germany! :mad:
I already suspected that you US-guys are pushing all of the clouds to Europe... :skeptical: :lol:

It's even the same over here in Germany! :mad:
I already suspected that you US-guys are pushing all of the clouds to Europe... :skeptical: :lol:

I have a big fan set outside my house right now to blow the clouds to Germany. :rofl:

I have a big fan set outside my house right now to blow the clouds to Germany. :rofl:

I knew it! :yesnod: :lol:

The weather is absolutely shi*ty over here. Absolutely unflyable, at least in our open LSA plane. The last time I've been flying was during my stay in Florida last November. I can't wait for my next trip to Florida this April... :redface:

I knew it! :yesnod: :lol:

The weather is absolutely shi*ty over here. Absolutely unflyable, at least in our open LSA plane. The last time I've been flying was during my stay in Florida last November. I can't wait for my next trip to Florida this April... :redface:
My fan is set to only blow as far as Great Britain.:D

I will probably go flying today. SKC, wind <10kts.

Strange thing is it won't get any better once you have your certificate. :no:

Back