Why spend $50 when you can...

I did intend to mean doing ratings in lieu of reviews - which is what I've done so far, except for 2010.

Ah. Well, if that modus operandi serves as an incentive to pursue additional ratings then right on! Keep going and you will be up there with John and Martha! If it delays getting a rating to wait for the BFR deadline then not so good for me.

I've been looking, but my butthole tightens up when I see the quote for the first year of insurance.
Just go bare (e.g. no hull insurance) the first 25 or 50 hours. Either that or find a way to get 100 hrs of multi PIC time for free. BTW a good friend is putting is very nice Twinkie on the market soon. I suspect he won't be giving it away though.

An endorsement isn't a rating, and just getting an endorsement does not reset the 24 calendar month clock for pilot currency. I've only had 1 flight review in 10 years.
While it doesn't reset the clock, just about all CFIs I know will sign you off for one if you ask ahead of time.

I think he meant that if you are getting a TW endorsement from a CFI, you can ask them to include a BFR signoff at little to no extra charge, since you will be spending some quality cockpit time together..

By the way, that is a great deal for $1950. I am looking at spending 2k just to get the stupid 10 hours in a complex for my commercial. In a ratty arrow, or rattier 172rg

Last edited:
I think he meant that if you are getting a TW endorsement from a CFI, you can ask them to include a BFR signoff at little to no extra charge, since you will be spending some quality cockpit time together..

By the way, that is a great deal for $1950. I am looking at spending 2k just to get the stupid 10 hours in a complex for my commercial. In a ratty arrow, or rattier 172rg
This. Same goes for training for CFI checkride (which does not reset the clock).

I've been looking, but my butthole tightens up when I see the quote for the first year of insurance.

You must have a bunch of SE time with no multi then, you only have to bite tat bullet once.

You must have a bunch of SE time with no multi then, you only have to bite tat bullet once.

Actually, I have 1000's of hours of multi, but just finally got the rating. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Probably he has flown with multi owners but could not log the time because he was not rated.

It was sarcasm, hence the :rolleyes:

If I had 1000s of hours in multi-engine, it wouldn't have taken $2000 for the training and check ride. Would have been more like $500. Nor would I have waited until now to do the ride. Of course I have a bunch of single time and no multi - till now - a whopping 8.

So what we really want to know is when you're buying Dave or Henning's airplanes. :stirpot: :rofl:

So what we really want to know is when you're buying Dave or Henning's airplanes. :stirpot: :rofl:

When 100LL drops below $3.00 again. This is my deal with a twin. Its got to be a grass field perfomer. The 58P is too heavy and that 310 gear just looks like its waiting to snap off. Based on cost to operate and the desire to get in and out of a 2600' grass strip leaves those two out.

When 100LL drops below $3.00 again. This is my deal with a twin. Its got to be a grass field perfomer. The 58P is too heavy and that 310 gear just looks like its waiting to snap off. Based on cost to operate and the desire to get in and out of a 2600' grass strip leaves those two out.

DC-3

This is where the Luscombe I fly lives: 2600' grass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQf3s2grQNs

Back