Why is it that..

cowman

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Joined
Aug 12, 2012
Messages
5,894
Location
Danger Zone
Display Name
Cowman
Home Airfield
KUIN
All week for a couple of weeks the sky is clear, the wind is calm, perfect vfr flying weather.

Then I wake up the morning I'm scheduled to take another flying lesson... and clouds at 600', rain, wind. :mad2:

Time before last flight, got up... ground level fog that lingered past 10am and kindly lifted for a clear blue sky about 30 minutes after we decided to cancel.

The one before that... canceled due to thunderstorms that morning. Weather cleared to again clear and calm about an hour before the scheduled time :mad2:



Looks pretty iffy for later today, but if the pattern holds it should clear up right after we cancel.
 
Simple problem. You need to plan better.:wink2:

All week for a couple of weeks the sky is clear, the wind is calm, perfect vfr flying weather.

Then I wake up the morning I'm scheduled to take another flying lesson... and clouds at 600', rain, wind. :mad2:

Time before last flight, got up... ground level fog that lingered past 10am and kindly lifted for a clear blue sky about 30 minutes after we decided to cancel.

The one before that... canceled due to thunderstorms that morning. Weather cleared to again clear and calm about an hour before the scheduled time :mad2:



Looks pretty iffy for later today, but if the pattern holds it should clear up right after we cancel.
 
When I was training it always seemed that we had the best weather when I was on business travel.
 
It is called murphy's law. Just wait.....When you get your instrument rating.....there won't be a cloud in the sky.
 
I feel your pain, first Saturday off without my son having football.

Weather this morning winds 18knots gusting to to 26, winds at 3000 were 50 knots. Clouds calling to be at 2000' = mvfr. Not the most enjoyable time to putt around the sky!

Sadly enough it's what happens with flying, it was interesting to watch the flight controls on the rental aircraft just getting beat to crap while having coffee at the FBO this morning!
 
Btw we canceled earlier, IFR conditions at the airport. Now it's about an hour before when we were going to go. Clear blue sky, 9kts wind lined up almost perfectly with the runway.

:mad2:
 
Then I wake up the morning I'm scheduled to take another flying lesson... and clouds at 600', rain, wind. :mad2:

Sounds like quite a few days before I finally did my first solo. It was a virtual guarantee of marginal VFR, a TFR or winds being out of my endorsed limitations. Since then, not one solo flight I've intended to do has been limited by wx issues. Go figure...
 
It is called murphy's law. Just wait.....When you get your instrument rating.....there won't be a cloud in the sky.

Dude. Hush. Grrrrr. True.

Well, sure there's clouds...

But, I wasn't planning on seeing how much ice the 182 can carry today.

y9ezavuz.jpg


apazena9.jpg


ysaqygaj.jpg


9a4y8yse.jpg


vy2a2u7e.jpg
 
Simple problem. You need to plan better.:wink2:
Or move. ;)

I've always advised primary students to schedule at least one extra flight per week than they want to fly. Something always manages to cancel about one of four in most parts of the country. Either the weather sucks, the plane is down, the instructor gets called away or doesn't get back from a prior flight, or the student themselves can't make it.
 
I think the endless delays are responsible for more of the student drop-outs than we prefer to admit. At some point the student concludes that even if he/she completes the training the probability of being able to fly is scant. Then they get behind, think that catching up will be difficult and decide the fortune they're throwing away at the airport could be better used elsewhere. It's not that they want to quit, it's that our method of providing training makes it so easy for them to do so.

I've heard some version of this story so many times over the years that I now wish I had kept count, although it wouldn't matter anyway.

Or move. ;)

I've always advised primary students to schedule at least one extra flight per week than they want to fly. Something always manages to cancel about one of four in most parts of the country. Either the weather sucks, the plane is down, the instructor gets called away or doesn't get back from a prior flight, or the student themselves can't make it.
 
All week for a couple of weeks the sky is clear, the wind is calm, perfect vfr flying weather.

Then I wake up the morning I'm scheduled to take another flying lesson... and clouds at 600', rain, wind. :mad2:

Time before last flight, got up... ground level fog that lingered past 10am and kindly lifted for a clear blue sky about 30 minutes after we decided to cancel.

The one before that... canceled due to thunderstorms that morning. Weather cleared to again clear and calm about an hour before the scheduled time :mad2:



Looks pretty iffy for later today, but if the pattern holds it should clear up right after we cancel.

Funny how that happens, isn't it? Same thing happens to me when I select the worst months of winter to have work done on my plane and it turns out to be beautiful.
 
Back
Top