Why I love aviation...(another long one!)

Awww shucks. I would have accepted carbon fiber but aluminum will be just fine. :cornut:

Last edited:
What exactly does having a gold seal do for a CFI? Is it just bragging rights or ammo to demand more money per hour? That last part about the money was a joke.
When my wife pursued, and obtained her veterinary board specialty certification, logic said it would give her more professional stature, a competitive edge, and a right to demand higher fees.

But the real reason is that it was a challenge that she wanted to overcome for her own professional satisfaction.
Which is also the reason she went for, and earned, her IFR rating at the age of 62.

Aviation and the fighter pilots of WWII were my heroes when I was a child. In my old age I can still recall the sound of a P-51 O p-38 doing a fast fly by.

Those were the sweetest sounds sounds of the nineteen forties when I was a child.I also recall things like rationing stamps that most of you never had to deal with. My mom gor extra milk because of my age.

My parents, both of whom were early 1900 models did well, thinking they had raised their until I showed up ten years later to screw up their. plans.

May my diety of choice forgive me for being late to the party, i wasn't given the optiuon.

Sorry, I thought it would be more obvious it was a joke. I have said in the past that I don't think it means anything when other members have said you should only use gold seal & atp CFIs.

I've known far too many excellent instructors who'll never bother with either the gold seal or the ATP to support that premise. And I know some gold seals who are kinda a**holes....I won't be one of them.

Last edited:
When my wife pursued, and obtained her veterinary board specialty certification, logic said it would give her more professional stature, a competitive edge, and a right to demand higher fees.

But the real reason is that it was a challenge that she wanted to overcome for her own professional satisfaction.
Which is also the reason she went for, and earned, her IFR rating at the age of 62.

BINGO! Hold your cards, we have a winner.

I’m holding out for a platinum seal.

But.. congrats to Jonesy!!

Back