Why does a J-3 Cub cost so much

Because people will pay it, just for a status symbol.
That is exactly it. My Vagabond is way more comfortable, faster, more responsive, you can see where you are going when its on the ground, has toe brakes, and costs half as much. I am 6ft and weigh 230 lbs, I have flown in the front seat of a J3 ---- not my idea of a good time. I'll keep my little Vagabond thank you very much. Besides the Vag is yellow and to alot of folks if its yellow its a cub, go figure. :rolleyes:

LOL J-3 a "status symbol". Y'all are clowns...assigning d-baggery to others who simply have different taste in airplanes. I'm taller than you and would take the front seat of a J-3 over being squished next to your oversized butt in the Vag.

Wow didn't mean to ruin your day. I'm glad you like flying around with your knees up around your ears. As far as D-baggery you kind of prove the point when you instantly sink to personal attacks when someone has a difference of opinion about an airplane. Now if you will excuse me sir, I am going to the airport to see if I can squeeze my OVERSIZE butt into my airplane and go for a flight.

Wow didn't mean to ruin your day. I'm glad you like flying around with your knees up around your ears. As far as D-baggery you kind of prove the point when you instantly sink to personal attacks when someone has a difference of opinion about an airplane. Now if you will excuse me sir, I am going to the airport to see if I can squeeze my OVERSIZE butt into my airplane and go for a flight.

Not sure why you're crying. You agreed J-3's were "status symbols", which implies folks use them to try to impress others through no real attachment or love for the airplane itself. THAT is rather insulting. It's also laughable and makes you a clown. Can't help if you don't like being called on it.

I don't know if J-3 Cubs are expensive, but they sure are polarizing!

Don't eat the yellow paint guys. It's bad for you.

Back