Why do u want to fly?

StrokerAce

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
RedBaron
To be a captain for contintal?, to enjoy your golden years?, To teach others?, Because u want to prove u can?, because u must?......... I fly because i want to fly and be part of the US Air Force,..and protect ur asses at mach 3 (2289 mph @ 29.92 and 15c:rolleyes:) :D

Last edited:
Because it allows me to travel at 3 miles a minute without getting pulled over.

Because.....this is America

eagle-on-flag-wallpapers_12095_1600x1200.jpg

Because its the only thing I have ever wanted to do. Its a bonus that if you play your cards right you can make a living doing it.

As to the post 1 question, my answer is the obvious one... To make the big money :goofy:

To be a captain for contintal?, to enjoy your golden years?, To teach others?, Because u want to prove u can?, because u must?......... I fly because i want to fly and be part of the US Air Force,..and protect ur asses at mach 3 (2289 mph @ 29.92 and 15c:rolleyes:) :D

The plane might be going mach 3, soon the pilot will be traveling only at swivel chair speed.:rofl:

Henning, good response but you give him way too much credit. I would also suspect he is 14 or so, and probably the closest he has been to any flying is on his computer, or swinging happily at the playground a few years ago...

Man you guys are brutal.

I love to fly because it is the ultimate get away. When I'm in my plane I'm able to get away from all the stressful things in life. I also love being able to travel faster than a car and not have to put up with so many lousy drivers on the highway.

Because Flight is the single most tangible, visible, experiential form of human triumph. It links people and places in separate worlds and makes possible the modern economy of instant satisfaction. The experience itself is liberating; a palpable sensation of freedom and security in one's ability to overcome all obstacles.

Because flying is much like being the guy in the glass bottom boat in the sewer. I may be in the crap but I'm clearly above it.

I want to learn someday because I feel it would be a definite challenge and something I have thought about accomplishing since I was young. I'm not sure I can or will be able to fulfill this goal but it's in my mind.

isn't there an old saying... too lazy to work, too scared to steal, too broke to invest.. must be a pilot!

What U.S.A.F. plane can fly that fast? Not an F-15 or F-22 or a F-35. The Black bird did. Besides mach 3 is always at altitudes where the Hg and temp posted are impossible. Actually it is the glass that has limited Mach flight. At low levels the heat of mach flight damages the window's, Fogging them so bad that vision is impossible. Dave

What U.S.A.F. plane can fly that fast? Not an F-15 or F-22 or a F-35. The Black bird did. Besides mach 3 is always at altitudes where the Hg and temp posted are impossible. Actually it is the glass that has limited Mach flight. At low levels the heat of mach flight damages the window's, Fogging them so bad that vision is impossible. Dave

The MIG 25 Foxbat can approach that speed. Almost MACH 3, over MACH 2.8 and even MACH 3 for short bursts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-25

USAF??? Last I checked the USAF did not fly MIG's. besides we know now the foxbat was not a great interceptor. It is easily beat in any maneuvering combat.

Never claimed any of that. Just noted there was another MACH 3 airplane out there...Sheeeeech!

:mad2:

Never claimed any of that. Just noted there was another MACH 3 airplane out there...Sheeeeech!

:mad2:
There are several more mach three planes. just none that are decent fighters. plenty of "X" planes did Mach 3. but the poster is seeming to be claiming to be a USAF pilot of a mach three aircraft. A doubtful claim. I suspect a troll has ignited a fire here. Dave

I fly because I have an obsession with airplanes and flight. I've wanted to do this ever since I was a child. Every time I'm in the plane, I'm always having the best time I can have with my pants on.

I just fly to impress the girls.

I fly because it's difficult and time consuming to transport the airplane from airport to airport on the ground.

I fly for those moments when I can walk up to a little kid and his parents and say, hey kid, do you want to go for a ride?

I fly for those moments when I can walk up to a little kid and his parents and say, hey kid, do you want to go for a ride?

If you aced the bag of candy, the parents might not be in such a big hurry to grab their kid and run off.

I fly because someone pays me to fly. Without that, I probably couldn't afford to fly. The hardest part of flying remains paying for it.

The bottom line for me is that I fly because I can, and I feel very fortunate to have that chance. I go a lot of places in the world where I'm sure many would do almost anything for the chance to do what we do here in the US, and there are no opportunities for them to do so. We're all quite fortunate to be able to fly at all. It's quite a privilege when you stop and think about it.

I just fly to impress the girls.

----- On Second date -----
Guy [Driving past the airport, which somehow was planned in to the route of travel...]
Guy "I've always wanted to fly in one of those little things"
Guy thinking [really really hoping that she responds with the below]
Girl "I've never been in one, they are so little"
Guy thinking [I'm gonna get laid tonight]
Guy "They arn't that little, want to go for a ride?"
Girl "How are we going to do that?"
Guy thinking [pulls out his plane keys, swerves three lanes of traffic, cuts off on coming traffic while making a left in to the airport parking lot]
Guy "These are the keys to that one, let's go fly over your house/work/parents, etc"
Girl "OK, but I'm nervous"
Guy thinking [70's p0rn music already playing in his head]

This will happen to me in July. I have a feeling it will be fun and everything is coordinated for me. Young Eagles.

----- On Second date -----
Guy [Driving past the airport, which somehow was planned in to the route of travel...]
Guy "I've always wanted to fly in one of those little things"
Guy thinking [really really hoping that she responds with the below]
Girl "I've never been in one, they are so little"
Guy thinking [I'm gonna get laid tonight]
Guy "They arn't that little, want to go for a ride?"
Girl "How are we going to do that?"
Guy thinking [pulls out his plane keys, swerves three lanes of traffic, cuts off on coming traffic while making a left in to the airport parking lot]
Guy "These are the keys to that one, let's go fly over your house/work/parents, etc"
Girl "OK, but I'm nervous"
Guy thinking [70's p0rn music already playing in his head]

You try stuff on second dates? That is way too fast.

Back