Why do people argue glass vs steam?

What company? I like to know which avionics companies treat their customers right. I've had great customer service from Bose, MGL, and the Garmin G3X team.

GRT. They're extremely helpful.

Garmin's experimental side is good to talk to. As is Dynon. (I've got Dynon for the flight instrument(s) and auto pilot, Garmin for the whole radio stack)

LOL, an thread about why people argue about steam vs glass turned into an argument about steam vs glass.

My two cents, which is probably worth more than that:
Everyone should learn on steam. The switch to glass is easy, most of what you need can be learned by reading the manual and their are tons of planes with steam still out there especially in the rental world. All I had to really figure out was how to switch radios, the rest was intuitive. If you only fly glass from the beginning then go somewhere to rent and have to fly steam, its goin to suck. Same could happen in the commercial world, one day you have to fly steam and the next glass. Not sure how I feel about the tailwheel argument. I can see benefits to being forced to learn it first, but sure am glad I didn't have to while figuring out landings before solo.

Back