Why buy a new C182 when you can buy a new twin for less?

Just making sure I've got the conclusion of this thread. Only an idiot would buy a new 182. For that kind of money the smart bet is a 30 year old pressurized, turbo charged, twin, because for some unknown reason they are really cheap.

Might as well throw the word retractable in there too :rofl:

Personally, I would take an old straight tail 182 over one of the new ones.
Or,
If I were to choose a twin, it'd be pressurized and be turbo charged for flying above any and all weather.

Do I remember right that P2006T airframe is life-time limited?

Do I remember right that P2006T airframe is life-time limited?

The dirty secret is that you can pretty much assume that all newer aircraft have some life limited parts and stricter requirements to deal with when repairing or altering them.

Just making sure I've got the conclusion of this thread. Only an idiot would buy a new 182. For that kind of money the smart bet is a 30 year old pressurized, turbo charged, twin, because for some unknown reason they are really cheap.

No... only an idiot would take this as the conclusion of this thread. I'm not calling you an idiot and realize your comment was tongue in cheek... yet I see no reason to waste time on holy wars.

Whatever airplane you chose has to be based on your mission would be the proper conclusion.

Man, now we're onto Aerostars.
To echo Henning, if you haven't got the mental capacity to fly a twin......aye yi yi.

Be sharp in an Aerostar. Or woe unto thee.
They can be the most rewarding in class.

Oh what the heck, I'll up the ante: MU2.

:devil:

Oh what the heck, I'll up the ante: MU2.

:devil:

Now we're talking. You can have one for less than a new 182. Just don't buy one close to TBO, or you're looking at $400K in overhauls.

HA, I say again, HA!

This is the best deal on the market right now and the only logic choice:

http://www.controller.com/listingsd...FALCON-10/1974-DASSAULT-FALCON-10/1278667.htm

45,000' Service Ceiling
450 KTS
Even has a 530!

This thing would blow the little clown plane doors off a 182.

It's less than half the price of a 182 also.

Cheap, fast, comfortable for passengers, yee haw!

It's a treasury sale through National Liquidators which means it may or may not come with a clear title depending on who it was seized for. It also means it's been sitting for at least a year.

Yup...according to the Flying magazine article, it's 140,000 hours. But that sounds ridiculous.

I guess that's a problem if you want to pass it down to your great-great-great-grandkids.

Back