Why aren't cats more popular

Because cats don't suck up like dogs.

Because the brain parasites in cat poop make you craaaazy

They don't taste as good as dogs. Obama ate dog meat, but I bet he never ate cat meat.

Cats suck, they will eat you if you die, you can't take them for hikes or anything, they are interchangeable.

Min pin FTW, fits under aircraft seats, loyalty, will hike forever, great alarm system for a house or camping, low cost of ownership :D

image.jpg

Don't know what you're talking about. I haven't run a car without cats in a looong time. They're mandated these days so all you guys are cat owners!

"Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Churchill.

Dogs have people. Cats have staff.

Because cats won't act like dogs. We were at a party and some women were talking about how terrible cats are, not knowing we own 5. We were amazed at how ignorant people can be about cats.

I like cats. They taste like chicken.

Because they poop in a box they walk through, then jump up on your kitchen counter and walk around. Plus, if you ever tear up carpet in a house that's had cats you'll find they've marked their territory all around the perimeter of the rooms. It's nasty....but cat owners are clueless about it.

We had to treat the floors before recarpeting.

My cat will notify me if anyone comes on the property. I just had to learn what she was saying.

The dog, on the other hand, barks at the reflection of the Tv in the window.

Only male cats mark their territory.

Because they poop in a box they walk through, then jump up on your kitchen counter and walk around. Plus, if you ever tear up carpet in a house that's had cats you'll find they've marked their territory all around the perimeter of the rooms. It's nasty....but cat owners are clueless about it.

I like dogs, I like cats. I have a cat now because I can't baby a dog right now. Also, my cat does not eat her poo.

David

On the other hand, a dog will eat poop and then lick your face. But dog owners don't seem to mind that.

If it is on the floor, a dog will eat it. If it's not food, he will throw it up later.

don't know what you mean, every time I go by a construction site i see at least 1 D-9.

bob

Because cats won't act like dogs. We were at a party and some women were talking about how terrible cats are, not knowing we own 5. We were amazed at how ignorant people can be about cats.

:eek::eek: You own the cats??? :D We are servants ourselves and we love it... :lol::lol:

Because they die easier. Every cat I've ever had died early: ran over, tummy cancer, chewed up in car engine, and disappeared.

I generally like cats, but you can't count on'em. That Geico commercial in which the dude is stuck in quicksand and is trying to get a cat to go get help.... That pretty much sums up cats.

My cat used to play fetch and is otherwise practically a dog. I'm just not home enough for a dog, whereas the cat doesn't seem to mind.

Cats are for people who want a pet without having a pet, (from a guy with a cat).

I despise cats. Don't know why. Just do.

Cats are polarizing. People either like them or they don't. I happen to be a cat person but I'm not home enough to own one at the moment.

Cats are a sort of a secret joy that not everyone gets to discover.
Til my 20's, when I finally got one; I had no idea how much fun and entertainment they can be....what great companions.
I love dogs too - they are just very different.

On the other hand, a dog will eat poop and then lick your face. But dog owners don't seem to mind that.

If it is on the floor, a dog will eat it. If it's not food, he will throw it up later.

That is one thing my dog has never done. He also doesn't eat carrion in the yard. I've found dead rabbits, shrews, birds, just about anything a dog would normally gnosh on, he has never even attempted to eat any of that. But mine also likes pancakes and tortillas, so maybe he's just more refined.

Cats suck, they will eat you if you die, you can't take them for hikes or anything, they are interchangeable.

Min pin FTW, fits under aircraft seats, loyalty, will hike forever, great alarm system for a house or camping, low cost of ownership :D

image.jpg

Have no doubt that stuck in a house with yout dead body, your min pin will be dining on your face at the next meal time there is no food in the bowl.:lol:

That is one thing my dog has never done. He also doesn't eat carrion in the yard. I've found dead rabbits, shrews, birds, just about anything a dog would normally gnosh on, he has never even attempted to eat any of that. But mine also likes pancakes and tortillas, so maybe he's just more refined.

You have a vegan dog, how PETA of you...:lol:

My pug acts like a cat about half the time. Funny little thing

Humm lets think about this a moment in my life I had 5 cats. Three cats ran away one died old age and one we gave away because baby was alergic and out grow alergy. Two dogs one died old age and current dog 6yr. Cats have no loyalty to owner.,,

Last edited:
Had a bunch of both. Objectively, cats are stupid. As in, dumb as a bag of hammers. Good instincts, often friendly, affectionate, engaging. But a pea-brained animal. Don't start with "my smart cat" anecdotes, either. You are projecting, or witnessed a coincidence.

Dogs can have some fairly dusgusting personal hygene habits, generally far more ghastly than a cat. But dogs can count, and are better close observors than even primates.

If dumb is O.K., cats can be good - lower maintenance. If you want useful, dog wins.

PS - if someone tells you their dog isn't "cat safe", for God's sake, believe 'em! And keep Tabby the Hell out of his backyard and away from his 115 pound Labrador Retreiver. Cat entrails stain concrete driveways something awful, not to mention the smell. . .

Cats really should be way more popular than dogs. After all, they are much easier to launch from a clay pigeon thrower.

My dog eats the cat poop. What do you say to that.

Caviar. Mmmmm.

Cats are polarizing. People either like them or they don't. I happen to be a cat person but I'm not home enough to own one at the moment.

I'm neutral. We had a cat who lived to be 21. I'm not going out of my way to ever replace him, but if a stray needed food and shelter I wouldn't kick them to the curb.

The dogs have all been better companions but more needy overall. And of course they die sooner. 21 was a damned long time with that cat, though. But he mostly kept to himself and only destroyed one couch. He and the dog we had at the time generally got along.

One of the current dogs has a very high small game drive, and I doubt a cat would be able to co-habitate with him without a LOT of work and some luck on the cat's part.

Cats really should be way more popular than dogs. After all, they are much easier to launch from a clay pigeon thrower.

Hahaha. Definitely. A prairie dog launcher would probably be more useful and fun around here though. Pull!

Back