Why are people stupid?

Navastosa and Brenham are growing, Brenham mostly but I don't think they are outgrowing their country small town feel.

That is good to hear. I always enjoyed going to Brenham. There was a little restaurant near the old creamery that was always good. I can't remember the name of it, that was almost 40 years ago, I am sure it is not there anymore but they had the best sausage.

Then again, I remember when it wasn't good to be out walking at night in Navasota.... I started my (less than glorious) racing career at the old dirt track at Navasota.

https://goo.gl/DmvwQZ

If you ignore the very beginning of it, there comes some interesting explanations and observations on the subject of "Why are People Stupid."

Some people are genetically predisposed that direction and others have let themselves deteriorate. It was never that high to start with. If 100 was the mean on the Stanford-Binet tests we've been using (along with other tests) for about a hundred years, that means that about half of those we share public spaces with are below that number. Some are higher. I think most pilots are on the top side of the mean since just to be interested in the subject of controlling oneself in 3-D space requires some imagination and that requires more than average intelligence I think. Maybe not.

But as to "Why Are People Stupid"? Outside of the aviation arena where it is my opinion that it takes a smart person to be interested and to self-select . . . outside of that arena, out on the highways and biways of America or planted in front of the TV at noon in their mom's basement, about half the people in the United States ARE stupid and, according to the data you'll read about in the article, getting stupider. White people have gone from 100 around the turn of 1800-1900 to currently 97 and dropping. Some studies show the white segment of society as low as 95.

So if you have an IQ of 135 or more, just know you are less than one percent of the population and 99% of the population is going to not be able to do as well as you on the tests - whatever that ultimately means. And of those, a very large segment, about 50%, are going to be below average - whatever THAT ultimately means.

Ya i looked it up, just outside of Navasota

View attachment 53575

"Couples only play house"

What disturbes me most is it's only middle aged and older who go to these things.

What disturbs me is that they play volleyball and darts. Yikes.

So if you have an IQ of 135 or more, just know you are less than one percent of the population and 99% of the population is going to not be able to do as well as you on the tests - whatever that ultimately means. And of those, a very large segment, about 50%, are going to be below average - whatever THAT ultimately means.

Damn those 1%ers!!!! ;-)

(Although I must admit to laughing every time I hear a Kennedy Steve recording where he says, "JetBlue XXX, give way to the one-percent coming from the right, follow them, cross 22R, tower 123.9 on the other side.")

What disturbs me is that they play volleyball and darts. Yikes.

Damn those 1%ers!!!! ;-)

(Although I must admit to laughing every time I hear a Kennedy Steve recording where he says, "JetBlue XXX, give way to the one-percent coming from the right, follow them, cross 22R, tower 123.9 on the other side.")

We have one of those locally.

http://www.carnerosresort.com/

Mind you these suites are $500 per night. But check out the suites:

1. Massive corrugated metal fences so you can be nekkid in the yard with privacy.
2. Expansive, room sized shower with multiple spray heads so you can have shower parties with your neighbors. (Then why the fence, right?)
3. Those smack a little like trailers, don't they? Well they are, legally, the place is a trailer park. Each one of those cottages has a set of wheels and a vehicle registration associated with it in a storage barn. No joke.

It is what we in the video game community refer to as Dunning-Kruger. ;) the endless salt generator that keeps the internet running

Hey we should
We have one of those locally.

http://www.carnerosresort.com/

Mind you these suites are $500 per night. But check out the suites:

1. Massive corrugated metal fences so you can be nekkid in the yard with privacy.
2. Expansive, room sized shower with multiple spray heads so you can have shower parties with your neighbors. (Then why the fence, right?)
3. Those smack a little like trailers, don't they? Well they are, legally, the place is a trailer park. Each one of those cottages has a set of wheels and a vehicle registration associated with it in a storage barn. No joke.

Not sure what your talking about that place looks nice, and I did t see anything about it being some swingers get away.

Hey we should

Not sure what your talking about that place looks nice, and I did t see anything about it being some swingers get away.

It's not apparent from the website no, but that was the original target demographic.

We're going to get stupider. Several states are authorizing "alternative science" proposals in some aspect or another.

You got to be MUCH more than a one-percenter to afford a Gulfstream!

But yeah, I've heard that Kennedy Steve comment - quite funny.

I guess the answer to the question is "because they are not smart."

I guess the answer to the question is "because they are not smart."

No ... a lot of really smart people are really stupid.

Intelligence and knowledge are not the same as wisdom.

Define a word the way YOU want and use it to start a straw man argument. Is that an example of something that is simultaneously smart and stupid?

To answer the OP, yes there are more stupid people out there and there are more unfit/unhealthy people as well. When the politicians say they will do everything for the people, the people stop doing for themselves. This is the result.

Back