Who's got a Stiffy?

solution in search of a problem...

Didn't read the responses, only the title...

Yes, I have a stiffy.
Please PM me at ihenning.com if you'd like to exchange numbers..

If you watch the video, it seems his problem is he has wood in an inconvenient location...

solution in search of a problem...

Disagree. This is a solution to an actual problem.

I am in a hangar with a shallow low spot immediately outside my door, followed by an incline across sh**ty asphalt that is chunked in places. Moving a fully fueled 182 across this is not easy. This obviously won't work for aircraft with fixed gear and wheel fairings but it will work for many others.

This is a very simple solution to a problem that I usually must use brute force or momentum or, god forbid, a motorized one-wheel tug to overcome (hate the tug but it came with my hangar). I have a bad back and I still get the job done with some back strain using brute force, but this would be an improvement. I could use it to overcome inertia to get the airplane rolling initially and also to power it through low spots or over chunked asphalt.

EDIT: This thing costs $435 (you have to buy the "Stiffy" device and a tow bar) for a Cessna 182RG. That cools my enthusiasm quite a bit.

Last edited:
435 bucks

Old craftman lawn mower tractor out of craiglist 225 + 2 bucks sparkplug+ 30 bucks welding bolt to front of lawnmower and ring on handle of tow bar = 257 no sweat towing

Yes I remove cutting grass deck

435 bucks

Old craftman lawn mower tractor out of craiglist 225 + 2 bucks sparkplug+ 30 bucks welding bolt to front of lawnmower and ring on handle of tow bar = 257 no sweat towing

Yes I remove cutting grass deck

How do you toss that in the baggage compartment and take it with you?:dunno:

Seems like a waste. There is a battery drill powered friction tug that you can duplicate for less than that thing costs, less than half the price if you have the skills to do all the fabricating yourself.

Back