Who to see for accelerated CFI

falconkidding

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Falcon Kidding
So I'm working on my commercial now have a few hours before checkride but its been slow going 1 -2 flights a week a bunch of cancellations and its dragging out a bit longer than I'd like plus while they are nice at the school they seem a bit disorganized. No real syllabus beyond make sure you read the POH its a big deal on the comm ride.

I'd like to take a week after my comm and do the CFI I've looked at some accelerated courses but they seem really pricey or maybe 4grand but that is basically ground and 7-8 hours in a 172 gutless. Or its a two week deal.

I'd be coming in with the written test done and lesson plans and a mostly tabbed FAR AIM so would just need a tightening up and fixing things to get ready (I think)
Anyone know of a small school or a good deal for a 5-7 day crash course? Live 2 hours north of Atlanta so would like to keep it 8-10 hours drive.

Tailwheels at KLAL has a great accelerated and finish up programs for all the ratings. Did my PPL there and recommend them all the time.

Not a small school but maybe ATP can get you done.
Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Tailwheels at KLAL has a great accelerated and finish up programs for all the ratings. Did my PPL there and recommend them all the time.
Cool I shall message them. Seems up my alley.

On an mildly related note what is so hard that people cant run a modern website, spend a few bucks, do some SEO. I guess they get enough business as is but having a geocities caliber page isn't a great first impression.

But do they do CFI (what the OP asked about)?

Their website doesn't say anything about CFI programs.

American Flyers has a good two week CFI-A program. Super excellent ground school. Not much flying in the base price, but guys who just finished their commercial could usually get signed off for the CFI check in three rides.

American Flyers has a good two week CFI-A program. Super excellent ground school. Not much flying in the base price, but guys who just finished their commercial could usually get signed off for the CFI check in three rides.

Have you done their program?

They seem to have mixed reviews. Some folks rave about them and others weren't so happy.

Have you done their program?

They seem to have mixed reviews. Some folks rave about them and others weren't so happy.

Yes, I finished at Addison a few months ago. I haven't taken the check ride yet because I had to get back to Austin for personal reasons, and since then weather, hamfisting, and broken airplanes are all conspired against me.

I have to say that I've been flying GA snce 1969. This is the FIRST GA flight school I've even seen that practices good customer service. The First.

Their ground school is super excellent. It's designed to get you through the oral. You should have the writtens done before you get there, but if not you can take them there.

There airplanes are fairly old, but they are well maintained. The worst part of the school for me is that every one is different, so you get to fly in and out of class B with a different radio and intercom combination every day, some work better than others.

Yes, I finished at Addison a few months ago. I haven't taken the check ride yet because I had to get back to Austin for personal reasons, and since then weather, hamfisting, and broken airplanes are all conspired against me.

I have to say that I've been flying GA snce 1969. This is the FIRST GA flight school I've even seen that practices good customer service. The First.

Their ground school is super excellent. It's designed to get you through the oral. You should have the writtens done before you get there, but if not you can take them there.

There airplanes are fairly old, but they are well maintained. The worst part of the school for me is that every one is different, so you get to fly in and out of class B with a different radio and intercom combination every day, some work better than others.
Thanks for that insight. I'm looking for a good place to do my CFI.

Cool I shall message them. Seems up my alley.

On an mildly related note what is so hard that people cant run a modern website, spend a few bucks, do some SEO. I guess they get enough business as is but having a geocities caliber page isn't a great first impression.

I found a lot of that when looking, too. What I learned is that it has zero correlation to the experience of the instructors or the program quality.

Most aviation business just suck at the web unless they've traded time to a pro web developer or have a tech savvy CFI or owner willing to put in the hours needed to do it right. And some pay big bucks to pros to do their sites and are bankrupt, poor quality, or whatever.

It's completely impossible to tell. You have to call and interview them.

Try American Flyers...they have a long-standing program, and also look at CFICARE.

I got all my instructor ratings there. Their first time pass rate is pretty good.
What did you think of the program? How much aside from the written tests did you need to have prepared before you showed up?

Sounds almost too good to be true. I suspect you need to have all the lesson plans completed in advance and know all the ACs and pertinant FAA handbooks cold.

You probably have to come with a spin endorsement too, but I don't see that mentioned anywhere.

They have a 152 you can get the spin endorsement in if you don't have it when you arrive.

It would be best if you have some lesson plans written or bought prior to arrival. That way you can focus on the training, rather than trying to write the plans in your spare time. The more you study and know going in, the easier things will be.

Back