Who said you can't paint an airplane in your garage?

Heck, you can build one in your garage! (assuming you have very accommodating neighbors :)).

Nice paint scheme...I'm a big fan of green and white. Reminds me of the Bob Tullius Group 44 racing Jaguars.

Who says you can't paint an airplane in your garage?

Apparently my HOA. Expressly forbids "...non registered cars, motorcycles, airplanes, non running vehicles of any kind..." And I don't even live in an airpark!

That Cessna looks great!

@SoCalRVFlyer - your bird looks great too! Glad to read you have understanding neighbors!

It isn't an airplane until you register it. At least in the homebuilt world.

Just sayin'...

Apparently my HOA. Expressly forbids "...non registered cars, motorcycles, airplanes, non running vehicles of any kind..."
Do you leave your garage door open all night, or hook you car to a monoxide vent while you leave it running?

Well if you got the equipment and skills, why not.

Who says you can't paint an airplane in your garage?

Apparently my HOA. Expressly forbids "...non registered cars, motorcycles, airplanes, non running vehicles of any kind..." And I don't even live in an airpark!

That Cessna looks great!

@SoCalRVFlyer - your bird looks great too! Glad to read you have understanding neighbors!

If it's behind a closed door as to not make the neghiborhood look trashy, your arnt making a ton of noise to bother said neighbors, how's it any of their damn business?

Country living > HOA

Very cool Thomas. I love to see it when people give old planes new life. I just finished a five year restoration on my airplane and can really appreciate what you are doing with yours.

I was lucky with the neighbors. Most were really cool about the build, but I did get one complaint through the HOA about the riveting noise...about one week before I took it to the hangar. Dodged that bullet! :D

Before I put it up on the gear, a lot of neighbors thought I was building a canoe!

Back