Who cleared this guy to fly MU-300?

Most patient, and gentle controller ever...and dumbest pilot! I wonder if he walks around with his shoes on the wrong feet?
Guy in video #2, how do you end up in the grass and signs, on that huge of a runway. Then instead of worrying about anything important after crashing, his only concern was grabbing the go pro.

They were doing construction at our home airport one summer, and had the long runway with the ILS closed...I don’t think my copilots ever actually figured out that they flew all of the NDB approaches back home that summer. ;)
After an Air Force transport crashed in Croatia in 1996, I was amused that there were people who thought that a conspiracy theory was needed to explain pilots screwing up an NDB approach!

hen instead of worrying about anything important after crashing, his only concern was grabbing the go pro.

I'm gonna guess that is what the instructors do, that is shut off the camera right after the plane stops in its parking spot, even before the student shuts down the engine.

They were doing construction at our home airport one summer, and had the long runway with the ILS closed...I don’t think my copilots ever actually figured out that they flew all of the NDB approaches back home that summer. ;)
I’ve never done an NDB approach:eek:. When my dad was a DC-9 sim instructor at NWA, he’d give them an engine failure on the go around and make them do a single engine NDB hold just for fun. This was of course after everything was completed and they were just messing around:)

I’ve never done an NDB approach:eek:. When my dad was a DC-9 sim instructor at NWA, he’d give them an engine failure on the go around and make them do a single engine NDB hold just for fun. This was of course after everything was completed and they were just messing around:)
It’s all fun until somebody loses an eye. o_O
I got to do partial panel and no gyro NDB approaches during my initial instrument training...my Dad was kind of sadistic, too. ;)

Responding to the OP: About 20 years ago, and long before I got interested in becoming a pilot, I was in the right seat of a client's nice twin arriving at Dallas Love at night. ATC told us to enter a left downwind for the shorter runway used by GA aircraft. I thought I knew enough to understand that we should be north of the field, but the pilot continued heading for a right downwind south of the runway - and crossing the departure path of the longer runway used by the airlines. I said nothing as I was not a pilot and thought that I probably misunderstood the instructions. As we strayed into the departure path, ATC issued urgent corrective headings and berated our pilot for his mistake. Despite the seriousness of this error, I recall feeling embarrassed for our pilot. As we turned to base, ATC asked the SWA 737 on final to the parallel runway if he had the "yahoo in sight at his eleven o'clock". The SWA pilot assured ATC that they did. We landed uneventfully and none of us spoke of the incident. ATC said nothing more and no possible deviation was mentioned. I don't know if the client did anything to the pilot as I never had the opportunity to fly with them again.

Back