White / Blue / Orange (headset wiring)

Nathan Miller

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Nathan
Me again :rolleyes:

What's the convention for which wire goes to tip ring or sleeve? Using M27500 wire (white, orange/white, blue/white). Garmin shows a legend for the TRS jack. It shows a legend for a 3 conductor, shielded cable. But it doesn't go as far as putting two and two together.

Dealer's choice? Or is there a convention for this? Trying to keep this as standard as possible.

Thanks!

Me again :rolleyes:

What's the convention for which wire goes to tip ring or sleeve? Using M27500 wire (white, orange/white, blue/white). Garmin shows a legend for the TRS jack. It shows a legend for a 3 conductor, shielded cable. But it doesn't go as far as putting two and two together.

Dealer's choice? Or is there a convention for this? Trying to keep this as standard as possible.

Thanks!

No one cares. As long al they work correctly. I shoot for at least uniform through the whole airplane.

I like color prints too.

upload_2020-3-18_11-35-39.png

My harness maker uses white for sleeve, white/orange to ring and white/blue for tip. I personally like the white/orange as tip because passenger mic jacks only need 2-conductor, and they don't need tip. As was already said, just be consistent and make a note of how you did them so you won't get messed up.

Back