Which portable ADSB receiver(s) do you use?

Which portable ADSB receiver(s) do you currently use?

• Stratus (any model)

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Sentry (any model)

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Stratux (homebuilt)

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • Stratux (professionally assembled and/or rebranded)

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Garmin GDL 50 series

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Falken Flightbox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skyguard

• uAvionix (PIng, Scout, etc)

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Level (Astro Link, etc.)

• Other (please specify in a reply to this thread)

Votes: 12 11.9%

• Total voters
Another mystery….$400!!!! I realize many people don’t want to put one together, but it’s not rocket science, more like lego blocks, and all the components possible are maybe $225. Or have cost of parts gone up that much in the past couple years?

Last I saw Crew Dog Electronics isn't offering the kits anymore, just completed ones. $280 I think.
Yes, the price has gone up. Their web site sells them for $440, but having a sale now for $384.

Yes, the price has gone up. Their web site sells them for $440, but having a sale now for $384.

Oof! Had no idea they were that much now. That sucks.

that really depends on the SDRs you’re using.

I'm absolutely open to suggestions, I've never really researched them, just picked up the ones that were on the parts list I originally used.

Another plus for the Sentry. Does everything the Stratus does, but cheaper and smaller. I’ve had mine for a couple years. I have the 345 as well but no one else can join it since it’s limited to 2 connections. I use the Sentry since it’s wifi and up to 5 users I think can use it.

https://flywithsentry.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switched to Sentry - tiny, light, fits in the headset bag, so can use it in any plane at any time. Seems to work equally well as previous Stratus units.

Back