Which is better getting a rating on Kincaid and Cessna 108 or CFII

KhalidxAljehani

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Khalid
Hello, I have a few questions regarding my current training. I have finished my PPL, IFR, CML. I want to continue to gain more hours so what would you recommend between a type rating on C208/KingAir or CFII?

I am pretty young therefore I think getting my CFII is gonna be challenging due to not finding any jobs. A lot of airline pilots have been let go so I believe they went back to their CFI days to gain hours since they’re not working.

No type rating for Cessna 208 or KingAir, unless it’s a KingAir 300/350.

Even with training on either of those, being low time probably won’t get you a job.

Concentrate on building experience.

Last edited:
The 208 does not require a type rating nor does the king air except for the 300 and 350 models, they are over 12,500. An operator of those models will most likely require type specific training for insurance. The problem is the require it for the most paper yearly, so there is no reason to get the training unless you have a job lined up.

Based on the limited information you provided, the CFII will be far and away the most valuable investment of the bunch.

While the U.S. does not require a type rating for those aircraft, some other countries do. While, yes, this is "Pilots of America", we can't always assume a U.S.-centric viewpoint when asked questions like this.

OP, generally I would say a CFI certificate would be far more worthwhile than an individual type rating, but circumstances vary. If you have a lead on some job opportunities that having that type rating would help you get, maybe that's the best route. But without more details, it's hard to be more helpful.

Back