Which ADSB out option for me?

The stealth mode is the deal breaker, huge saftey feature no one else offers

Not quite. Any UAT box can have the feature if the manufacturer wishes to devolope it. If fact the FreeFlight Ranger does.

Almost, but not quite. You are identified for 90 seconds every time the master turns on. Not so on the Navworx unit, I believe.

The FDL-978 equipment defaults to the registered aircraft ICAO address and call sign when initially powered on. Anonymous Mode will not be enabled within the first 90 seconds after the FDL-978 is powered on.

...and weather on the x30W?

Unfortunately, the X30W's don't accept FIS-B data. XM WX yea, but not ADS-B / FIS-B WX. I don't know why they didn't make the FIS-B WX data compatible with the XM WX data so the older MFDs could be utilized with FIS-B.

The Garmin 345 supports a tiny encoder that plugs directly into the 345.

A year or so ago this encoder cost $200.

The Garmin 345 supports a tiny encoder that plugs directly into the 345.

A year or so ago this encoder cost $200.

Which is cool and all but if you have other equipment that is Gray code it won't work.

What I don't like about that tiny encoder is it uses the harness for the configuration module, I think it's 28 gauge wires or smaller. Anyway they are fricken tiny. That encoder is mounted external to the transponder connector so those tiny wires are vulnerable if the rack & connector is ever disturbed in the future. If you don't use that tiny encoder the configuration module must be be installed in its place, which is completely contained inside the metal hood of the transponder connector.

I debated for two weeks about what new encoder to buy and ended up with an SSD120-30N-RS232 and ran pressure altitude to the GTX, GTN and a Super clock

We have a GTX345 installed recently and was hoping it would feed more apps than currently supported .. sadly no..

From Garmin...

Xxxx,
The previously mentioned companies have been approached to add compatibility. They either declined or an agreement could not be reached. There are no plans to add apps other than Garmin pilot or Foreflight.

Regards,
Andy
Garmin FSE

We bought two different GTX345R for installing the ADS-B In/Out system
to our aircraft DA42M-NG and DA42.

1. The first GTX345R for G1000 with installation kit (P/N: 010-01217-03
Includes 011-03303-00) for DA42M-NG,
2. The second GTX345R with GPS WAAS for G1000 with installation kit
(P/N: 010-01217-43 Includes 011-03303-40) and GA 35 GPS antenna with
installation kit (P/N: 013-00235-00) for DA42.

Back