Where to go...???

Was there last year. Busy airport with flight training and lots of helicopters and NO TOWER. Keep your head on a swivel.
Yeah...I tried to make that party but was just tooo busy at the time...dammit...would have been fun.

Put-in-Bay, South Bass Island, Ohio. Lake Erie keeps the temps moderated. Nice touristy trap with restaurants and shops, bed and breakfaat places on the island, world class walleye and smallmouth fishing, camping, Admiral Perry's monument. Naked, afraid and drunk weekend nights (the park ranger told us that). Winery on Middle Bass Island accessible by water taxi or the airport. Nearby Sandusky for the theme park thrills. Hop on the jet catamaran for a half day of shopping in Port Clinton. Fly to Kelly's' Island for some state park time. Scoot over to Burke Lakefront in Cleveland and try the restaurant there.

Put-in-Bay, South Bass Island, Ohio. Lake Erie keeps the temps moderated. Nice touristy trap with restaurants and shops, bed and breakfaat places on the island, world class walleye and smallmouth fishing, camping, Admiral Perry's monument. Naked, afraid and drunk weekend nights (the park ranger told us that). Winery on Middle Bass Island accessible by water taxi or the airport. Nearby Sandusky for the theme park thrills. Hop on the jet catamaran for a half day of shopping in Port Clinton. Fly to Kelly's' Island for some state park time. Scoot over to Burke Lakefront in Cleveland and try the restaurant there.

Thanks...but that one's a BTDT for me...Numerous times when I was working in the cleveland area. Looking for some place new.

Kelleys Island is just a bit to the north and is supposed to be quite nice. I'm told you can call a cab to take you into town.

Back