Where to go?

U

Unregistered

I am a new pilot and I'm having some stomach issues. Do I go to my general doc or an AME?

As long as you self-certify before every flight, don't fly with unapproved medication, and report the visit on your next medical my best guess is use your primary care physician.

But I am not a pilot, and I'm sure Dr. Bruce will most likely provide the final word here in a little bit. :yesnod:

Go to your GP so he can do the needed tests.Would also research through aopa, medicines commonly used, so your dr. can perscribe an accepted med.

Go to your family doc. Never mind the AME, we'll deal with what the family doc finds and get it stopped.

Screw the FAA for now. Chances are what the family doc finds isn't going to be grounding, anyway.

See your family doc like Dr. Bruce says. "stomach issues" is pretty vague.

Most things one would describe as stomach issues can be helped with lifestyle modifications and OTC Meds. Neither should be a factor.

I also agree with screw the FAA, I currently have to schedule another holter monitor to get my medical back for a brief moment of abnormal heart rhythm 4 years ago. This after I did one less than a year ago. Avoid the FAA at all costs, they only screw things up.

Pm me, as a family doc maybe I can offer some insight to your issues.

Good luck

I'm not sure I'd say "screw the FAA," but I would say that the thing to do now is to go to your regular physician, find out what's wrong, and start getting it fixed. After that, you can think about whether or not to ground yourself until the matter is fully resolved and how to handle your next FAA medical application.

My intent isn't to try and persuade him to disreguard the FAA. WE all know that many disreguard informing the FAA on many medical issues because of the problems they can create. Some justified many not so.

I agree also with what you said. The FAA should be a long second or third choice in who to contact. Take care of ones self first afterall flying doesn't matter if you don't have your health.

I won't get on my soapbox about the FAA, nuff said. I will fume the rest of the day over my holter monitor debacle.

As a physician I know

The way I read "screw the FAA" was "take care of yourself and deal with your ticket later."
If Bruce was trying to tell the OP to, in the words of my old boss Lt Col Kayce Stillwell, "[urinate] on the fire closest to your feet," then I would agree with the sentiment.

I won't get on my soapbox about the FAA, nuff said. I will fume the rest of the day over my holter monitor debacle.

As a physician I know
It's gotten worse. they will no longer accept athe summary page from a holter. Now they want the whole d_rn thing in all its glory. As if for 3rd class they even can review it.

It's gotten worse. they will no longer accept athe summary page from a holter. Now they want the whole d_rn thing in all its glory. As if for 3rd class they even can review it.

I'm wearing the monitor as I type, I joked with my cardiologist friend a short time ago that i lost my leads while at my sons FB practice holding blocking dummy. I probably lost signal for 30-45 minutes and I wouldn't be surprised if it got sent back saying they needed the full 24 hours. :mad2:

When will the insanity end...

To the OP, health first, FAA second. And I've seen doctors for much worse than "stomach problems". Still fly, too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back