Where to get incident info?

LJ470

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
LJ470
I got an email about a safety seminar:

"All pilots and other aviation professionals who use the Dane County Regional Airport Airport and other airports with control towers are encouraged to attend this workshop, which will address these airport surface deviations (including "runway incursions") that occured at KMSN last year."

Is there a place on the net where I can get runway incursion information/details for KMSN or any airport for that matter?

Thanks

Can you search NTSB reports? Not sure where else you would look.

There are some regional statistics available here but I haven't seen the raw data available online.

Good idea LJ470. Before attending, I'd also check to be sure I'm not the subject of the seminar!

You can search the so-called "NASA reports" (ASRS) as well.

Ha!

Not yet at least (and hopefully never!)

Good idea LJ470. Before attending, I'd also check to be sure I'm not the subject of the seminar!
That actually happened to me.

It was the first wave of the FAA's runway incursion focus. I wound up landing NORDO at a towered airport without a landing clearance (no light signals). It was treated as an incursion since I had no clearance and I guess because there was a jet lined up at the opposite end of the runway :eek:).

Anyway, fast forward about about a year and the FAA was doing a seminar on incursions, with examples. I recognized one of them immediately!

That actually happened to me.

It was the first wave of the FAA's runway incursion focus. I wound up landing NORDO at a towered airport without a landing clearance (no light signals). It was treated as an incursion since I had no clearance and I guess because there was a jet lined up at the opposite end of the runway :eek:).

Anyway, fast forward about about a year and the FAA was doing a seminar on incursions, with examples. I recognized one of them immediately!
Did you look around with accusing glares and say, "What kind of idiot does that!"

Yeah, it’s like pilots complaining about the plane 1/2 mile +/- away on the FISKE arrival doing 80 kts. It’s always ‘the other guy’. Then later while nursing down that IPA, the other pilot muses about the guy who can’t hold 90 ramming up behind him.

I guess the big picture is don’t be swapping paint.

Back