Where to find experimentals

The disadvantage is when the workmanship is bad. I've seen that on a few kits. Depending upon how far along it is, it can make you worry about what might not be so easy to see that is hidden in enclosed stuff like control surfaces (thinking RV here).

There are definitely some gems out there, but there are, I believe, more dog turds when it comes to unfinished projects.

The disadvantage is when the workmanship is bad. I've seen that on a few kits. Depending upon how far along it is, it can make you worry about what might not be so easy to see that is hidden in enclosed stuff like control surfaces (thinking RV here).

There are definitely some gems out there, but there are, I believe, more dog turds when it comes to unfinished projects.

Absolutely true. However, it's even harder to find if everything is already closed up. One EAA tech counselor advised opening up an inspection panel to see how well done the safety wire was. If it's done well where no one looks, then chances are, you've found a gem.

Back