Where to find area NOTAMS

bflynn

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Brian Flynn
So...for areas which are not always active, but are activated by NOTAM, what are the NOTAMs published under? I've attached the bottom of the Charlotte sectional with some examples.

I ask because my first thought of this was "do a route and if they're active then they'll show up." But I planned several routes that crossed multiple NOTAMed areas and never saw any NOTAMS. So now I'm not sure how to find these.

Attachments

• notams_section.JPG
    notams_section.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 17
The FAA SUA map dipicts active areas. Aren’t most of the EFBs picking them up and showing them graphically? I know flightplan Go has them. Finally, a DUATS briefing has them under airspace. I’ve just seen them listed by ARTCC area.

So...for areas which are not always active, but are activated by NOTAM, what are the NOTAMs published under? I've attached the bottom of the Charlotte sectional with some examples.

I ask because my first thought of this was "do a route and if they're active then they'll show up." But I planned several routes that crossed multiple NOTAMed areas and never saw any NOTAMS. So now I'm not sure how to find these.
They will be covered in a Standard Briefing. They are the NOTAMs which begin with !SUA.

Back