Where else to stick it?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Everyone uses their borescope to look into the spark plug holes. I never hear of other airplane orifices being explored. Maybe we are being too unimaginative and could see neat stuff....in the oil filler port, or in the sump after the oil is out, where else?? Can any cam lobes be seen? , connecting rods, edges of bearings, piston pins? Just wondering what can be seen, what cannot. Maybe airframe structures?

inlet and exit of a turbo.....waste gates....don't forget to watch the valves seat to determine guide wear.

Oh, no just realized some will take this thread in another direction. Stifle oneself!

Too late!

upload_2016-12-7_21-46-52.png
is
is

I recently purchased a harbor freight borescope to use on my truck. I was changing out a head and used it to make sure the head bolt holes did not have coolant in the bottom of them. Sure glad I did it too cause I didn't get all the coolant out of the very bottom with my compressor. Borescope saved me on that one! I used it again trying to line up the alternator bracket cause the bolts just wouldn't go in. Borecope showed the holes were not even close...

Now the scope is going to head to the hangar so I can commit airplane rape with it.

My little video inspection camera had a big warning in the manual "This is not a medical device. Do not use it to inspect your body."
Amusingly, just about everybody who picks it up points the thing at their mouth or their ear while playing with it. I had loaned it to a coworker and it was sitting on my desk when he returned it. Someone asked what it was and I told him it was part of the new Textron wellness plan, DIY colonoscopy.

Back