Where do you find the time.

OK big time posters, where do you find the time?
Not really a big time poster but I read and chat a lot.

I have the ultimate hurry up and wait job. Today I surfed, cleaned the bathroom, studied a bit, surfed some more. Ooops, phone call! Went out and did my flying thing. Came back and chatted. Now ready for bed.

On other days I'm posting from a hotel room.

I think I need a hobby. :dunno:

Amen to that.

There is always music in the background for me. I now even have it playing in my lightspeeds while talking to NY center on #1 comm & getting the ATIS at EWR on #2 comm.

I think I saw you play air guitar to 311 when getting a FSS briefing once...

Cheers,

-Andrew

OK for most of the big time posters I get it. You post rather than do other things, because that's what you like to do. But there are few that I still don't get. They have an occupation that I would think keeps them too busy to post at work. And they have mentioned enough other interests that, again I can't figure out where they find the time. Maybe they don't sleep much. :)

It would take a loaded down Hummer (H1) to at least move your tractor. Anyone else... you'd just about roll right over them. Heck, your tractor's curb weight has to be at least 15,000 pounds.

The problem you must remember is he's got a crapton (not sure how much weight this is. ask kent what a crapton equals) of weight behind him. He can't get away from it. Something goes wrong and it's gonna take him for a hell of a ride. I'd hate to think what it must be like to be out of control at 70 mph with a crapton of weight behind me.

Last edited:
They have an occupation that I would think keeps them too busy to post at work.

for some, I think their work is so intense that they almost need such forums to return them to sanity. So they make it happen.

hey, how did Jesse photoshop that pretty gal into his avatar with him? :D

It would take a loaded down Hummer (H1) to at least move your tractor. Anyone else... you'd just about roll right over them. Heck, your tractor's curb weight has to be at least 15,000 pounds.

Yeah, but start moving down the highway and all that is meaningless, as evidenced by what a 1985 Oldsmobile station wagon did to me last June:

DSCN2682.jpg

DSCN2647.jpg

DSCN2648.jpg

DSCN2662.jpg

More info in this thread

Heck, I never did post my accident report over there. I'll do that too, for those who are interested.

I have to remember to use that one! It sounds better than I have no life :yes:
Other than working full-time, getting ready to sell a house and move to another, packing for the move, studying and flying to get ready for a commercial checkride and trying to sleep and eat during the "in between times", I have no life. :goofy:

I'm not that frequent here, but I am very active on a couple of other boards (not the red board--I abandoned that when this one started up). I don't read everything, just Hangar Talk here and about 4-5 forums at the other sites.

I'm an early riser, and like to have a couple of hours before heading off to work. This helps get me going in the morning. I also don't have kids and my husband is somewhat housebound for health reasons. If he were able to travel and do stuff, I'd probably be on a lot less.

I also have a pretty intense job, and I love having a social circle that has absolutely nothing to do with my job. That's almost impossible where I live, where most people work for the same employer I do. I've met many fine people here--Lance, Dave Taylor, Alaskaflyer, Diana, Jesse--and even more from the other forums I participate in.

But mostly it's the couple of hours in the morning almost every day that let's me look active on these forums.

Judy

Last edited:
I just have to post enough to stay ahead of scott.

Seriously, I'm at a PC all day. Many times I'm working on time consuming processes, and posting while my processes are processing.

I just have to post enough to stay ahead of scott.

Seriously, I'm at a PC all day. Many times I'm working on time consuming processes, and posting while my processes are processing.

Just don't do what I've done in the past. I've had a server up and running on one screen and PoA on another, and a single keyboard/mouse, just switching back and forth... I've typed up a full post on a server console before realizing it.

I've typed up a full post on a server console before realizing it.

That's the secret. Type posts in SSH or Eclipse and copy and paste it into POA when you are done.

Back