Where do you find the time.

jkaduk

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
John Kaduk
OK big time posters, where do you find the time? Between here and the red board I can barely keep up. I'm guessing you either don't sleep much or you're in the frozen north and there isn't much else to do (snicker).

OK big time posters, where do you find the time? Between here and the red board I can barely keep up. I'm guessing you either don't sleep much or you're in the frozen north and there isn't much else to do (snicker).
Define "big time posters". I feel like I post alot, but nowhere near as much as some, and I too feel like I struggle to keep up. No way I could do it if I were still monitoring the Red Board as well.

Personally, I didn't think it was a competition! I read and follow the interesting ones and ignore the others. I like the opportunity to learn from the experience of others.

At only 300 TT, I don't feel I know enough to give much advice, however that doesn't seem to be the case for some.

Scott

No wife, no kids, no girlfriend, no pets. So having to do anything around the house is pretty non time consuming. All my friends are married/engaged and involved with their families or significant others, so much so, that I am lucky to see them two or three times a year. Come to think of it, I've seen Nick, Kent, and Jesse more this past year than I have my local friends. So my social life is pretty much non existant. I don't have an unlimited flying budget so I am not down at the airport all the time, lest I be tempted to fly and spend money I shouldn't be. So, what else am I gonna do?

Last edited:
Define "big time posters". I feel like I post alot, but nowhere near as much as some, and I too feel like I struggle to keep up. No way I could do it if I were still monitoring the Red Board as well.

Click on the members list and then sort by # of posts - those guys.

No life. ;)

And I'm from the Great White North.

And I have a job where someone else does most of the work and doesn't need 100% supervision. :D

No life. ;)

And I'm from the Great White North.

And I have a job where someone else does most of the work and doesn't need 100% supervision. :D

basically all of the above. Homework usually doesnt spark my interest until 12ish hours before its due. Leah is in Illinois. Flying is slow with the cold weather and everything.

Plus I got to beat Kent! :D

I never go to the red board. The green board honored me with banishment. :D

So, this is my home. :)

Well, here and that place with the long stretch of pavement.

It's not. I'm just trying to figure out how people that have to work for a living find time to post so much. Just curious.

I travel extensively and am usually jet lagged somewhere so I am awake posting. I am also on my computer almost 24hours day due to evening conference calls to Asia, morning ones to Europe, and all day long meetings or if I am sitting at the airport waiting to board a death tube to someplace. BTW I have calls where we have people in all three places. For us in the central time zone that means a conference call starting at 11pm and going on to 1 or 2 in the morning.

It is a connected world so while boring stuff is going on I read the boards. Sure beat playing solitaire in the meetings.

Last edited:
My situation is similar to Scott's. I have the board open in a window along with my other work ... waiting for a job to finish? read the boards ... waiting for backups to finish... read the boards and post some smart alek comments ... tearing out what little bit of hair I have left? take a break and share the love on the boards ... :)

Whoa ... just scrolled up and noticed Scott's post count. I guess my situation is only about half similar to his! :)

Whoa ... just scrolled up and noticed Scott's post count. I guess my situation is only about half similar to his! :)
Let's see.... my 2.26 per day to your 3.19 per day.... then Scott has way too much time during those "connected moments." He's at 7.55 per day. If I hadn't registered then gone away for three months before I started hanging here, I'd be up there. :goofy:

It's not. I'm just trying to figure out how people that have to work for a living find time to post so much. Just curious.

Read mostly Blue Board,
post at work and home,
and live in the icy wet North...

Though I'm certainly nowhere near the top of the list, I mainly post while -- or in between -- working. I generally "work" over a 14 to 16 hour period over the course of the day, with large gaps in between. So I'll work for a few hours, then screw around for an hour and maybe make a post or two here, then work for a few more. If I start getting a little "code crazy", I may take longer breaks and post more.

I think if I were rich enough to pay a psychologist, they'd diagnose me with adult ADD. Anyway... what was I talking about? I lost my train of thought between the 10 browser windows open, the 5 IM's going, the build that's currently building, the TV tuned to CNN and some Sonny Rollins playing in my headphones. Geeeesh... Maybe I should see a psychologist... :hairraise:

Downtime at work, not much to do in town, so nights I'm generally online too. Personally I'd rather be flying, but the money isn't there just yet.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Ed, and I'm just so darn good at my job I can create my own downtime whenever I need a board fix.

Retired and up here in the Portland area for the winter I am trying to catch up for having no computer available in the summer time. I read more than I post. Bob

Red board is off limits for me. I said a long time ago that I wouldn't be participating in it anymore and I stuck to my word.

No life. I don't tend to really post all that much as some others here and probably only read about half. I tend to only post if I feel I have something to contribute or if it is an aviation related thread. I stay out of everything else. I spend too much time thinking about flying to have much of a knowledgeable opinion with politics.

Most of my posting is during downtime while I'm waiting for something to finish.

Last edited:
The posts per day are a bit skewed ... Scott's been on the board 5 months less than I have ...

Throw out the tv, stereo and cellphone then go to bed at a civilized hour and wake up with the sunrise. When you do something, look at what's important (ex: interesting posts vs uninteresting stuff on the board) and skip over the unimportant stuff. You'll find you magikally have about 9 more hours in the day..every day.

Green Board????

What is the Green Board????
As stated, it's that other board. The owner is not quite a capitalist with his pilot shop. When I can't provide a radio right away, I prefer to send folks to Spinner's Pilot Shop or JoePilot.com.

The posts per day are a bit skewed ... Scott's been on the board 5 months less than I have ...
It just takes the total posts over the number days as a member. Because of my three months of inactivity, I have to do at least twelve a day to catch up to Scott! :D

Ya know, we don't just randomly drive around for the fun of it... Gotta pick up and deliver a load here and there too. ;)
I was just thinking. I burn about 10-12 gallons of diesel to your 150 or so. Consequently, you pay a lot more fuel tax for the more than four times as many tires as I have.

I wonder why the DOT is still so far removed from this concept when pushing user fees!:dunno:

BTW, at least you have better protection from those with a cell phone glued to the side of their head.

BRB... light just turned green! :D

A life without music, would not be a life. For me anyway.

Amen to that.

There is always music in the background for me. I now even have it playing in my lightspeeds while talking to NY center on #1 comm & getting the ATIS at EWR on #2 comm.

OK big time posters, where do you find the time?

You Just Have to Make it a Priority, John!!

Cmon now, I want to see you post 5X per day for the rest of this month. No more errands, housecleaning, trivial stuff like "work", cut back on phone calls, forget TV etc.

A life without music, would not be a life. For me anyway.

Agreed however the garbage that's on the radio isn't music. At least IMO, most of it is intolerable racket. There's some good stuff out there but you have to filter out so much junk to get to it.

Back