Where can I get ethanol-free mogas

No, but their bacon is not the same as our bacon. Their bacon is more like ham.

Canadians call it back bacon. Only Americans, and the late John Candy, call it "Canadian bacon". :D

Back bacon is from the loin. Ham is from the back leg. Close but not quite the same. ;)

When I made my listings I went through that site listing by listing, many of them were out dated so double check before you go.

We have it at both the walmart gas station and an independent whos a local supplier of the 100LL at the airport. I was thinking of a blend some 100LL some mogas as long as im flying regularly. Though carb ice worries me a bit w the c-85 shes already known for it... i guess thats why they gave us carb heat... wouldnt it be best to buy a metal jerry can so you dont have static spark to worry about as you could ground a jerry can? Ive heard plastic cans undesirable especially in dry winter Wx...

We have it at both the walmart gas station and an independent whos a local supplier of the 100LL at the airport. I was thinking of a blend some 100LL some mogas as long as im flying regularly. Though carb ice worries me a bit w the c-85 shes already known for it... i guess thats why they gave us carb heat... wouldnt it be best to buy a metal jerry can so you dont have static spark to worry about as you could ground a jerry can? Ive heard plastic cans undesirable especially in dry winter Wx...

I've used automotive fuel almost exclusively for the 4 years I've owned my plane. The O-470 is also said to be prone to carb ice, though it has never been a problem for me. The flight school where I learned, and subsequently rented for my first 5 years as a pilot used and still uses automotive fuel exclusively in their C-150s, C-172s, PA-28, and Apache. Carb ice was never a problem, nor was vapor lock in the low wings. Now that I think of it, in 8 years as a pilot, I've only flown one airplane that doesn't run on mogas. If you have a low compression engine that can use mogas, go for it, and try not to worry about it. I primarily use 87 octane in the Skylane with good results.

I've used automotive fuel almost exclusively for the 4 years I've owned my plane. The O-470 is also said to be prone to carb ice, though it has never been a problem for me. The flight school where I learned, and subsequently rented for my first 5 years as a pilot used and still uses automotive fuel exclusively in their C-150s, C-172s, PA-28, and Apache. Carb ice was never a problem, nor was vapor lock in the low wings. Now that I think of it, in 8 years as a pilot, I've only flown one airplane that doesn't run on mogas. If you have a low compression engine that can use mogas, go for it, and try not to worry about it. I primarily use 87 octane in the Skylane with good results.

What about vapor lock in the high wing aircraft using mogas?

What about vapor lock in the high wing aircraft using mogas?

Not saying it doesn't happen, but the gravity fed systems don't seem to have a problem with that. The low wings with booster pumps seem to be more of a problem.

I suppose that depends on your definition of "meat". Does ground up lips, eyeballs, weeners, and hiney holes qualify as meat? ;)

I don't know if it qualifies as meat to most people but it does at my house. We call it "lips and *******s" and it refers to bologna, hotdogs, and any meat product purchased in a plastic bag that gets fried prior to consumption. The term in its context:

Me: You guys hungry?
Kids: Yes.
Me: What you want?
Kids: Lips and *******s.
Me: What kind?
Kids: Hot dogs.

This conversation only happened in front of their mother once. We all learned not to have this conversation in her presence ever again.

My question is where can I get gas free ethanol.??

I mean I like the idea of pulling up to a pump and buying gas free ethanol by the gallon....

37289.jpg

There are stations near me that sell E85 as well as E0. The E85 is overpriced relative to regular gasoline, as its energy value is low. I wouldn't recommend using instead of Everclear, though, that 15% gasoline might leave a bad aftertaste, among other things.

Now, if you want pure methanol, VP race fuels can set you up. It's still not a substitute for Everclear.

What's mogas got to do with carb icing?

Now, if you want pure methanol, VP race fuels can set you up. It's still not a substitute for Everclear.

I used to sell race gas and methanol. I remember buying methanol for a nickel a gallon. The supplier would call us up and ask us how much we could hold, and then ask us how much we would pay for it. We only had one 1500 gallon transport back then, so I would make 4 trips a day for 5 days straight. We sold at the tracks for a buck a gallon when our closest competitor sold it at 2 bucks a gallon. He would go home after the race with full tanks, I would go home with full pockets.

At the time VP Race Fuels was our best advertisement for using our fuel. They had serious quality control problems back then. I am sure it is better now.

Methanol is bad stuff. It can be absorbed through skin, so I always had the big rubbery chemical gloves on and had a copy of the MSDS in the truck.

For a while I was renting a Rotax-powered LSA whose owner was putting ethanol-containing mogas in it. At times we were seeing three different layers in fuel samples, which we didn't understand until the owner found this article:

http://www.lcbamarketing.com/phase_separation_in_ethanol_blen.htm

"When this Phase Separation occurs you will have an upper layer of gasoline with a milky layer of Ethanol and Water below it, and then in many cases a third layer of just water at the bottom."

Back