When lesson's cancelled, don't go home :-)

Rob Schaffer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
The weather today cancelled my dual XC lesson, yet again. Since I was supposed to be gone from right after work until nearly 8pm, my wife scheduled a girls night,.... at OUR house. :eek:

I got home, and then I took Allison (my 3 1/2 year old daughter who wasn't the best little girl today for Mommy) and went grocery shopping. After a trip to Walmart, and then to the grocery store, we got home about 8pm. Well, needless to say,.. the Mary Kay Makeup party was still in full swing,.. just finished up about 20 minutes ago.

So, I snapped a photo of my girls Allison (L), Isabella (R) when the ladies let them participate. :D Before I know it, my little girls are going to be all grown up :redface:

Lesson,... if your flight lesson is cancelled, still hang out at the airport or do ground studies,... :D

Attachments

• CIMG2355.JPG
    CIMG2355.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 81
  • CIMG2356.JPG
    CIMG2356.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG2357.JPG
    CIMG2357.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 68
:) To many lady folk in one place doing the things they like to do, make up and shop all in one!!! Yeah, good advice stay at the airport!;)

It looks like winds are gusting plus 30 tomorrow also. I was going to take 679er up for a short hop ILG-OQN then take my 2nd IR lesson (in the sim) followed by lunch at some airport. I really don't feel like dealing with the airmet tango, so I think I'll drive to OQN and then home or to a local place for lunch by ground transportation. Not flying on a day off.....:(

kids are cuter 'n speckled pups!

The mary kaye party scares me... :eek: Look at their expressions! :eek:

After everyone left, I saw the catolog and my checkbook in the middle of the table..... I didn't dare open it. :rolleyes: I get paid today, so I'll check the damage report when I do bills this weekend.

In all honesty, she endures a lot being home with the twins, so it's good for her to have this time. She puts up with me going to the airport and scheduling lessons right up against something else we had planned when the weather looks good.

I too highly recommend hanging out at the airport as much as possible. OTOH, your twins are really cute. I know you know how lucky you are.

Yes I do,... incredible being a dad,.. can't wait till I they want to go flying with me. I put ally in the C152 one day, just to sit there on the ramp,.. she loved it.
:D

Attachments

• AllyC152.jpg
    AllyC152.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
You're right, they grow up fast. Think of the time you spent shopping with Allison as a plus.

Why go home? At home, you can't wander around ramps looking at airplanes (although there aren't many at N10 to do that with either:(), BS with other pilots, hang out with the line service guys, look at 3 yr old copies of Trade-A-Plane, critique landings, and relax without kids and spouses chattering and asking for things.:D

Back