Wheel falls off Canuck plane

Well, a Canadian paper was reporting on it, but I think Colgan is a US carrier flying for Continental, no?

I suspect the title of the article (which was pasted into the title of this thread) refers to the origin of manufacture of the aircraft rather than the operator.

Well, a Canadian paper was reporting on it, but I think Colgan is a US carrier flying for Continental, no?

What are the chances of someone filming a tire at landing and actually have it come off.????? I thought you could not have ANY electronic devices running at that stage in the flight. Kinda smells of a set up to sue the airline for mental anguish,,, A mechanic involved ???? Time will tell. :frown2::frown2::nonod:

Colgan. Newark-Buffao.

This certainly piles on to the public relations disaster they currently have.

There was another report, TV, which interspersed the video from inside the cabin of the wheel coming off, with video of a plane from behind with the right main landing gear falling off, the wing scraping the runway and the plane sliding in a cloud of debris to the right side...

...why? Wrong airplane!

There was another report, TV, which interspersed the video from inside the cabin of the wheel coming off, with video of a plane from behind with the right main landing gear falling off, the wing scraping the runway and the plane sliding in a cloud of debris to the right side...

...why? Wrong airplane!
thats when they were mentioning the q400 that had gear collapse in Denmark. they were merely referencing that story.

but yea.... what hapened to TURN OFF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES!? So what makes this guy so special? something's not right here. he disregarded that law, and yes it is a law if commanded by a flight crew member (which it was). and then he happened to be filming the gear itself, not anything else. and then the wheel comes off!? su'm ain't right...

Gotta love the media as only they can take what was a non-event and turn into something terrifying by adding the gratuitous footage of the burning Buffalo crash and the landing gear collapse video. Why not just report the story as it happened, wheel came off plane stopped everyone climbed off and some one got some cool footage for their personal library. Why not go to the local pool take footage of someone swimming and then show several clips of drowning victims. You know that Dihydrogen Monoxide is a killer. :)

thats when they were mentioning the q400 that had gear collapse in Denmark. they were merely referencing that story.

but yea.... what hapened to TURN OFF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES!? So what makes this guy so special? something's not right here. he disregarded that law, and yes it is a law if commanded by a flight crew member (which it was). and then he happened to be filming the gear itself, not anything else. and then the wheel comes off!? su'm ain't right...
No, it's not law. The crew doesn't make law. Passengers are, however, required not to interfere with a crew member.

That said, do I turn my cell phone or anything else off for landing. No.

-Felix

What are the chances of someone filming a tire at landing and actually have it come off.????? I thought you could not have ANY electronic devices running at that stage in the flight. Kinda smells of a set up to sue the airline for mental anguish,,, A mechanic involved ???? Time will tell. :frown2::frown2::nonod:

The news report I heard (WABC-TV, New York) mentioned that the passenger had seen sparks coming from the wheel on takeoff from EWR; I am assuming that is why they filmed the landing.

Is that reporter a first year journalism student or something?

He's lucky. He violated the FAR's and only the wheel fell off. It could have been the whole wing!

He's lucky. He violated the FAR's and only the wheel fell off. It could have been the whole wing!

Imagine what WOULD have happened if they hadn't filed a flight plan.

Back