What's your number?

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
What tail number/callsign does everyone usually fly?

My experience taxiing in front of Spike and not even knowing it was him got me thinking...I should know who to listen for when I'm out on the road. So, what do you usually call yourself on the radio? (I plan on making a cheat sheet for my sunglasses' case).

I did a (cursory) search, and didn't find a similar thread; apologies if this has already been done.

Last edited:
373Y although not often in contact with ATC or flying places where you take your bird.

5221E and 747BF are my preferred club planes

Skyhawk 1 1 6 1 Foxtrot

I can often be found speaking in monotones to KSAT approach, or in the pattern at 5C1

Experimental 2 2 2 Golf November - but the chances of anyone actually hearing that over the radio are purd near zero...

You will usually hear me as "7 delsera"

727DS

Cherokee 56713 (often called Cessna 56713 by ATC for some unknown reason).

Unlikely you'll hear me as I prefer just boring long holes in the sky and usually don't need FF - except around KMHT and KBOS.

Aztec 6-9-2-7 Yankee (although sometimes that's Danos)
Twin Cessna 4-8-8 Sugar Pop
Navajo 8 Romeo Uniform (although that's only sometimes, usually it's my instructor)

I'm the only Sugar Pop left in the sky, so you know it's me. And you can find me flying... well... anywhere.

Jabiru N697J
Heading to CA - KSMX next Wednesday. Should be on the sir.

NCC-1701

or just 701 for short.

N4793T but I'm usually only on 123.3 :D .

Otherwise It Diamond N569DS or Skylane N271G.

I'm "Archer triple three four k-beck". And more informally, a few other things mostly related to the unusual color of my airplane. :goofy:

BTW I noticed you didn't comply with your own request:nono:

I heard a number of AvantAir flights this weekend, and was wondering if any of them were Teller.

Generally either N222EF, N9282U, or N8838J. Sometimes it may be something else...

Cessna 1 5 2 R E usually around Alpine, Ft Stockton, Pecos, Midland ... my neighborhood

Decathlon 1 0 2 G D might be anywhere... and might be Bellanca instead of decathlon

Baron 9025 Kehbeck and Porterfield 37862.

BTW I noticed you didn't comply with your own request:nono:

Well, my company has 56 planes, so...take a guess. You'll have a 1:250 chance that it's me! :dunno: :rofl:

I'll be impressed if Matt can remember half of these.

Usually for me it's Skyhawk six-one-five-two-hotel or Skylane niner-one-two-victor-mike.

I'll be impressed if Matt can remember half of these.

Usually for me it's Skyhawk six-one-five-two-hotel or Skylane niner-one-two-victor-mike.

I don't anticipate remembering any of them! I'm going to make a cheat sheet to keep with me, that way if something sounds like it might be familiar I can look it up. I'm lucky to remember my own tail number, let alone anyone else's.

Well then what's your company's callsign???

See post 17. ;)

Probably not, unless you ventured way west. I haven't made it east of Dallas in three weeks.

Then it probably wasn't you. I went to Houston last weekend in the 310. This weekend is Nebraska (not sure if it'll be Aztec or 310), next weekend is Canada (Navajo).

After that, I'll be doing an accelerated instrument rating, flying all over the northeast in Archer 3562G with someone who sounds like he doesn't know instruments on the radio. ;)

Dakota 8089V - usually daytripping out of Denver but have the odd trip to other regions.

Skylane One Two Seven Niner Mike, until appropriately shortened by ATC. ;)

Or you can find me on other frequencies as Whiskey Yankee Zero X-Ray, or Blue Mesa 175 depending on what radios I have on board. ;)

And if I ever get time to do a freakin' checkride and paperwork, other possibilities include CAP Five (Mumble Mumble - OPSEC...)... out of whatever CAP airplanes are rotated around the State to KAPA. But if you hear those, it's likely it's NOT me but someone else right now. ;-)

Usually Skylane 7111W (Triple one whiskey, aka "Whiskers"). It's a club plane that also does Part 135, so it's quite likely someone else may be flying it, though. Besides that, any of the planes at www.aandmaviation.com are possible candidates.

Anytime anyone says "Whiskey" anymore, all I can think of is the movie Hot Rod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2WcxP4XU8

One of my CFIs turned me onto that one.

Funniest "falling" scene ever, and add the above scene where "Whiskey" is his "safe word" and Karen and I were both crying laughing at times.

Chief Two Fower Two Hait Six

I'll probably be just reaching downwind after takeoff in the time it takes you to land, deplane, clean up, enplane, get clearance, taxi, and roll.

:redface:

What tail number/callsign does everyone usually fly?

My experience taxiing in front of Spike and not even knowing it was him got me thinking...I should know who to listen for when I'm out on the road. So, what do you usually call yourself on the radio? (I plan on making a cheat sheet for my sunglasses' case).

I did a (cursory) search, and didn't find a similar thread; apologies if this has already been done.

Matt, you don't need a tail # to know its spike. Just listen to the twang:D

It's either Skyhawk 733BE or Malibu 25LH. My father had a Cherokee 140 that would never sell, it's number was N54445. I always used five triple four five for an easy call. The controllers would always get it turned around. Finally, a rental customer ran it out of fuel one night in Utah. He walked away and we sold the airplane.

Kevin

Back