What's Wrong with This Picture?

K

KennyFlys

cervin.jpg

Personally, I think they should have added more color to the paint scheme on the winglet.

:D

yea that must be the stalactite mountain range...

Nothing is wrong with the picture.

Awesome picture! Although the next comment will be about the relative intellegence of the flight crew.

cervin.jpg

Personally, I think they should have added more color to the paint scheme on the winglet.

:D

Wonder what kind of plane that is to have winglets and be stressed for aerobatics? Are you in Austin now, Ken?

Wonder what kind of plane that is to have winglets and be stressed for aerobatics? Are you in Austin now, Ken?
I'm not sure about the plane but I suspect it's not quite what it seems or... we'll never know a tail number and certainly not the pilot's name. :)

Yep, I'm in Austin.

Looks like the Matterhorn, so I suppose it's some PC12 pilot's idea of a good time (using photoshop on their computer, that is....)

Are you guys for real? You mean to say you didn't recognize the Matterhorn at first sight? Further, you didn't know where in the world the Matterhorn is located?

Photographer is holding the camera upside down. Sheesh.

Fixed:

Attachments

• cervin-right-side-up.jpg
    cervin-right-side-up.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
Are you guys for real? You mean to say you didn't recognize the Matterhorn at first sight? Further, you didn't know where in the world the Matterhorn is located?
Sure, it's in Disneyland.

I'm pretty sure any plane with winglets can be stressed for aerobatics.

Whether or not it's rated for such stressing, however... ;)

Ah
you mean this butt weasel AC that killed the crew on this buff

I hadn't seen that one. I was remembering the nut case that looped the 52 with the same results, but it's the same thing. Proof positive that even the Air Force has its share of loons. :(

Yes, yes and no.

I guess I'll have to look at it next time I play with the flight simulator.

Holland was guilty of AT LEAST negligent homicide.
Well, you could say he got the death sentence...

Sure this guy was an idiot, or worse, but I think it's interesting how so many people managed to look the other way, repeatedly.

Well, you could say he got the death sentence...

Sure this guy was an idiot, or worse, but I think it's interesting how so many people managed to look the other way, repeatedly.

I read the article you linked to. I ran across the same sort of situation a few times in my own career, but it never stretched out as long as Fairchild's. Usually no more than a few months to a year before someone responsible stepped in and fixed the problem.

Think "Dreamland". But I was really just referring to aerobatics in non-aerobatic aircraft.
As in those by a formerly existing Air Force Colonel?

Edit: Oops. I didn't read down. My question was answered.

I hadn't recalled you ever mentioning climbing into a Buff.

I was in a BUFF one time. I had just gotten my first operational assignment, still a shavetail, and was walking around the flight line at Carswell. Went into this monster hangar and saw the biggest plane I could have imagined. Seemed like it took 10 minutes just to walk around the thing. Took the liberty of getting into it, and looked around in awe. That's the tee-total sum of my B-52 experience.

Back