What's wrong with this picture?

In a first for POA, every answer above is correct!

Hmmm, the blindspot for the top aircraft should extend from the bottom of the fuselage not the bottom of the wings. And be centered on the pilot seat.

Is that what you were looking for?

The simple answer is that the pilots would have to be OUTSIDE of the airplane to produce the depicted blind spots, one above and one below.

Hmmm, the blindspot for the top aircraft should extend from the bottom of the fuselage not the bottom of the wings. And be centered on the pilot seat.

Is that what you were looking for?
Yes, in part. This is the most egregious problem.

The simple answer is that the pilots would have to be OUTSIDE of the airplane to produce the depicted blind spots, one above and one below.
Yes!

The point is that the depicted blind spots are ridiculous, especially for the top plane. At least the pilot is on the correct side of the wing for the lower plane and it's just the angles of the blind spot shadow that are wrong. Had the top plane been a low-wing aircraft, then the pilot would also have been on the correct side of the wing (and it would have illustrated an actual risk to be aware of).

I might have forgiven the shadow angles had the top plane been a low-wing, but as shown...good grief who thought this was a good illustration??

1712326938931.png

Last edited:
The bottom plane has wheel pants which are easily damaged in off airport operations...

Anyone handy with making a composite in Photoshop? This should fix the diagram...

44420815304_cafa87785f_b.jpg

Both are nose draggers ... no real airplanes in the pic! ;)

That phrase always bothers me. Shouldn't it be "nose pusher"? How do you drag what is in front of you, forward?
OK ... how about "nose roller?"

That phrase always bothers me. Shouldn't it be "nose pusher"? How do you drag what is in front of you, forward?
I don't think it's supposed to make sense. It's meant to be either derogatory or punny.

I don't think it's supposed to make sense. It's meant to be either derogatory or punny.
Not meant to cause offense. Just some old fashioned ribbing. Nobody seems to mind the high/low wing stuff but they get tender over nose/tailwheel stuff ... :dunno:

Not meant to cause offense. Just some old fashioned ribbing. Nobody seems to mind the high/low wing stuff but they get tender over nose/tailwheel stuff ... :dunno:

That’s because high-wing / low-wing is a religious matter. It’s well known that high-wing pilots worship Satan and sacrifice kittens.

That’s because high-wing / low-wing is a religious matter. It’s well known that high-wing pilots worship Satan and sacrifice kittens.
I'm a Libertarian, so I fly both ways.

I can see the poster is partial to high wing aircraft.

Back