Whats this icon

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
It comes on after a couple hours. Stays on top of everything else on the screen. Lenovo W520 with Windows 10. IMG_0204[1].JPG

AH HA!!! Now that I knew what it was I googled Thinklight. A good ol' wikipedia article had the answer. It's a freakin light above the screen that will illuminate the keyboard. 7 years I've had this computer and didn't know that. Fn at the lower left and PgUp at the upper right of the keyboard turns it off and on and makes the icon go away. Go figure. The Lenovo Forums didn't have the answer. Wikipedia did. Thanks again SkyDog

If you have something like a weird icon in the future that you're trying to figure out what it's called, you can actually cut it out and Google for the Image.

I just did it on your icon and got fairly accurate Google hits - just basically went to the google page, clicked Images at the top and uploaded the image. (The 'Lenovo Icon On Screen' text you see in the searchbar is something Google added - not me).

Google.png

AH HA!!! Now that I knew what it was I googled Thinklight. A good ol' wikipedia article had the answer. It's a freakin light above the screen that will illuminate the keyboard. 7 years I've had this computer and didn't know that. Fn at the lower left and PgUp at the upper right of the keyboard turns it off and on and makes the icon go away. Go figure. The Lenovo Forums didn't have the answer. Wikipedia did. Thanks again SkyDog

Heh. He beat me to it. It's been a feature of those laptops since before IBM sold out to Lenovo.

Cthulu mode is disabled. :D I'm pretty sure that's a good thing.

1bd0eb3468a132c2f8d02a56435ebd1e.jpg

If you have something like a weird icon in the future that you're trying to figure out what it's called, you can actually cut it out and Google for the Image.

I just did it on your icon and got fairly accurate Google hits - just basically went to the google page, clicked Images at the top and uploaded the image. (The 'Lenovo Icon On Screen' text you see in the searchbar is something Google added - not me).

View attachment 48311
It looks like "no alcohol on final" like those "don't drink and drive" signs on the freeway.

Back