What's the OLDEST plane you've flown?

A 1948 Piper Clipper and a 1942 or 43 Stearman trainer painted in blue Army colors. Over the winter it has been redone to the original Navy yellow and black.
Dale H.

I flew the 40th or so stearman that came off the line must have been a 39 also I flew a b-17
Joe

I think it was a 1947 Stinson Reliant that my adopted "dad" owns.

1947 Stinson Reliant ?

NC19143 said:
1947 Stinson Reliant ?

sorry, mistyped.

1942 Stinson V77 Reliant. It is one
of the ones that flew for the British in WWII.

Oldest non restored was a 40-something J3 Cub.
Oldest restored is our 1946 Stinson 108-1.
I'm HOPING (!!!) TD will let me TOUCH the controls in the Fairchild when its flying and all familial flying obligations have been completed. He did let me 'fly' his Cessna 170. That was fun.

DeeG said:
Oldest non restored was a 40-something J3 Cub.
Oldest restored is our 1946 Stinson 108-1.
I'm HOPING (!!!) TD will let me TOUCH the controls in the Fairchild when its flying and all familial flying obligations have been completed. He did let me 'fly' his Cessna 170. That was fun.

The Fairchild is easier than the 170, you'll get your turn. But you will have to take left seat this time.

I lowered the right wing tonight and removed the covers, I found two more mouse nests, and a lot more mud daubers, looks to be a newer wing than the left, but it has a (non certified) metal leading edge also, I have to build a new wooden one.

The Warner is in the buildup stand, and the cylinders are going on.

Last edited:
My 1965 Cherokee 180C, original paint and interior, now recently overhauled engine.

Back